What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Among Cocteaus affionados, this 1993 album doesn’t get a lot of love. But I adore it, especially the first two tracks, which are gorgeous. Original UK vinyl from almost 29 years ago…

17 Likes

Something quiet for this evening

1 Like

Listening to The Third Mind has rekindled my mild obsession with the track ‘Morning Dew’ so am now listening to Jeff Beck’s version with Rod Stewart on vocals - highly recommended

16 Likes

Some early evening spiritual grooves from Lady C, Pharoah and co on chunky Impulse/Coltrane Records reissue vinyl. Ommmmmmmmmm…

Are Impulse going to get round to reissuing Ptah the El Daoud before I peg it?

13 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Connor - This is Chris

Chris Connor (Vocals), Milt Hinton (Bass), J.J. Johnson (Trombone), Osie Johnson (Drums), Herbie Mann (Flute, Tenor Saxophone), Joe Puma (Guitar), Ralph Sharon (Piano) and Kai Winding (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking the lead from @TheKevster and @ewemon and taking this 2014 Remaster of Chris’s 1955 release and she and this talented group of musicians are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

As are many of the Dead’s multiple live renderings, of course…

4 Likes

Shakura S’Aida - Brown Sugar

Belter!

Rocking blues, on that Qobuz thingy if you fancy giving Shakura a whirl.

6 Likes

Another of the seemingly very few new music releases that dropped on Dread Mansions in '21

Really enjoying this new discovery

Balimaya Project - Wolo So (Jazz Re:freshed LP)

Driving collective polyrhythms, blazing frontline horns & virtuosic kora stylings collide across this dynamic meeting of traditional Mandé music/culture and contemporary jazz.

One to tickle your rhythm buds as a particular Radio DJ whom I cant remember used to say :thinking:

:heart:

8 Likes

Might be my foggy memory but I’m sure I saw a re-issue recently?

Absolutely!

Gosh……that long ago

1 Like

Johnny Cash, Orange Blossom Special. Mono. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE. The vinyl copy is a stereo reissue from Speakers Corner.

10 Likes

Jackson Browne : Running on Empty on vinyl. reminds me of a sunny afternoon at Glastonedbury 1982 what a set.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Vienna Teng - Dreaming Through The Noise

Vienna Teng (Piano, Vocals, Wurlitzer), Jay Bellerose (Drums, Percussion), Till Brönner (Trumpet), Kyler England (Vocals), Debra Fong (Violin), Marika Hughes (Cello), Carla Kihlstedt (Violin), Larry Klein (Bass), Dina Maccabee (Viola, Vocals), Frank Marocco (Accordion), Dean Parks (E-Bow, Guitar, Mandolin, Pedal Steel), David Piltch (Bass, Bowed Double Bass) and Lee Thornburg (Flugelhorn, Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Wednesday morning with Vienna and the very talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet! The music is warm and comforting on this cold gray winter morning and working very nicely in easing me into the day…

6 Likes

2 x LP - Bluebird 1986 reissue : )

Charles Mingus - leader, bass
Clarence Shaw - trumpet
Jimmy Knepper - trombone
Shafi Hadi - alto saxophone, tenor saxophone
Bill Triglia - piano
Dannie Richmond - drums
Ysabel Morel - castanets, vocals
Frankie Dunlop - percussion
Lonne Elder - vocals

Recordings from 1957, album released in June 1962

<<>>

5 Likes

Steve Gibbons Band - Caught In The Act Live (Polydor LP)

Recommended to me months back by iirc @Steve_S ? Bought cheap as chips from Discogs and then forgotten until now when I just came across it, so a belated first listen.
Apparently One of the great unsung live albums of the late '70s, cut contrarily by one of the most highly regarded live acts of the age
And
A band who eat thumbtacks for breakfast

I’m not arguing!
:heart:

5 Likes

Charles Mingus Mingus Ah Um / 1998 Columbia / Austria CD / CK65512

19 Likes

Hi Dread - there was one late 2020 but it’s unofficial and e.g discogs won’t sell it. Probably a Putin special from the Russian Federation sourced off a my first cassette player and microphone.

1 Like

Now playing on CDX2

413k1wPO4KL.SY580

Amelia Curran - War Brides

Browsing through my CD collection stumbled over this one. Hadn’t heard it a long time. Great songs,great lyrics.

1 Like

I’m glad you are enjoying it @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like