What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Sonny Clark Trio Sonny Clark Trio / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724353377427

Sonny Clark Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

8 Likes

I have a Grace Jones Compilation CD from Island, that also has an excellent sound quality called “Island Life”. After buying my actual CD Player in 2017 I have been re-enjoying this record. It was such a surpride after haven’t it heard for decades…

Great musicians, enjoy! :+1:

1 Like

Counting Crows - Hard Candy

13 Likes

Lovely. Just lovely.

Emotional too. First time in a long time I’m in on me own with Bowie.

13 Likes

Ken’ Mo’ - Good To Be…

12 Likes

51+17l7LaVL.AC

Ben Harper with Charlie Musselwhite - Get Up!

61vf1jBqWEL.AC

Ben Harper AND Charlie Musselwhite - No Mercy In This Land.

Just a couple of Blues folks getting together, and having a mighty fine time.

11 Likes

Mike Stern + Jeff Lorber Fusion Eleven / 2019 Concord / EU CD / CJA00152

3 Likes

Obtained this double LP last year - a limited edition Record Store Day issue. Recorded in Toronto in May 1985 during their ‘Songs from the Big Chair’ tour. Classic cuts from their first two albums - a band on top of their game back then. Curt Smith, Roland Orzabal, Ian Stanley and Manny Elias (and friends).

SIDE ONE
• Mothers Talk
• Broken
• Head Over Heels / Broken
• Pale Shelter

SIDE TWO
• Memories Fade
• Start of the Breakdown
• The Prisoner

SIDE THREE
• I Believe
• The Working Hour
• Mad World

SIDE FOUR
• Everybody Wants to Rule the World
• The Hurting
• Shout

12 Likes

David Bowie - Station to Station

27 Likes

Dale Watson, Blessed Or Damned. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

1 Like

10 Likes

Thunder. 3rd album 1995. CD. Classic 70s rock released in the 90s imho. Like most of their stuff.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - The Dirt and the Stars

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Ethan Johns (Drums, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Percussion, Synthesizer), Duke Levine (12 String Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin), Luke Levine (Electric Guitar), Nick Pini (6-String Bass, Electric Bass, Double Bass, Moog Synthesizer), Matt Rollins (Hammond Organ, Piano) and [Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Hand Chimes, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Mary Chapin Carpenter with her release from August 2020 and she and the band are sounding sublime! I beautiful voice to ease into the day with and do love her music…

16 Likes

Grant Green Idle Moments / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349900325

14 Likes

Soft Machine | Live at the Baked Potato (Los Angeles) | 2020
Here they are touring Hidden Details their first studio album for 37 years, and very good it and this live set are too.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Been too long since I last dipped into this excellent box set - Impulse 60. But what to choose - LP 4 side 1: Alice Coltrane; Pharoah Sanders; Archie Shepp and Michael White. So
blow winds and crack your cheeks if you like but the volume will just go up.

10 Likes

John Coltrane - The Complete Africa Brass Sessions

11 Likes

Circus -

A progressive rock album with some lovely flute and sax from Mel Collins.

Kicks off with a 7 minute version of Norwegian Wood followed by a track similar to Crimson’s I talk to the wind with a bit more verve.

Progtastic! On Qobuz for your listening pleasure.

8 Likes