What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Ketil Björnstad - A Passion For John Donne

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano), Håkon Kornstad (Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Voice), Birger Mistereggen (Percussion) and Oslo Chamber Choir: Håkon Daniel Nystedt (Director).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with the beautiful music of Ketil Bjørnstad and he and the assembled choir and musicians are sounding sublime. Music and poetry works so well and is sounding mighty fine and this is one sweet album!

7 Likes

Fine playing

4 Likes

Did you have the film as the support slot?

Steely Dan, two against nature. Doesn’t flow with Beth Nielsen Chapman album but playing this in memory of Walter Becker. Thanks @Debs.

Walter on bass (2-7), guitar (1, 2, 4, 6, 7), lead guitar (3, 9), horn arrangement (1) and join producer with Donald Fagen.

18 Likes

This 3rd solo release from Steve Winwood wasn’t all that well reviewed when it first come out in 1982

Steve Winwood - Talking Back To The Night

This one followed from the well received Arc Of A Diver and again Winwood played all the instruments and produced the album.
Well reviewed or not this is sounding absolutely fantastic on original vinyl

15 Likes

Yes,at the time quite shocking,but ultimately a great start to a show.

2 Likes

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love on first uk pressing. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of this album, just about perfect.

34 Likes

71mUEWDJIlL.SS500
Stanley Turrentine - Hustlin’.

14 Likes

Yep I was 16 and Wembley empire pool was local to me but I was going whatever!!

3 Likes

Steely Dan, Aja. One of my fav SD albums apart from can’t buy a thrill. :relaxed:

24 Likes

Steely Dan Katy Lied / 2012 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY25038

19 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Siwan

Jon Balke (Keyboards, Conductor), Barokksolistene: Amina Alaoui (Vocal), Jon Hassell (Trumpet, Electronics), Kheir Eddine M’Kachiche (Violin), Helge Norbakken (Percussion), Pedram Khavar Zamini (Zarb), Bjarte Eike (Violin), Per Buhre (Violin), Peter Spissky (Violin), Anna Ivanovna Sundin (Violin), Miloš Valent (Violin), Rastko Roknic (Viola),Joel Sundin (Viola), Tom Pitt (Violoncello), Kate Hearne (Violoncello), Mattias Frostensson (Double-Bass), Andreas Arend (Theorboe, Archlute) and Hans Knut Sveen (Harpsichord, Clavichord).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with Jon Balke’s ‘Siwan’ album and he along with his extremely talented group of musiciansare sounding sublime! A lovely album to relax with on a lazy Sunday afternoon…

5 Likes

51p3kNeCYzL.AC
The Oscar Peterson Trio - We Get Requests.

11 Likes

In my life I have seen some fantastic live acts but the B52s were something else. Might have been Eric’s or Factory but incredible nevertheless.

2 Likes

Augustus Pablo. Original rockers.
My last for the night.
Appropriate you know. :jamaica:

10 Likes

Camel - ‘Breathless’ (1978). This, together with its predecessor ‘Raindances’, is from the ‘second era’ of Camel with the lovely vocals of Richard Sinclair and the sax of Mel Collins. Things were becoming a bit more mainstream with some tracks here but there is still a strong presence of prog and some Canterbury whimsy in this album too. A strong record from Andrew Latimer and the band. Standout tracks for me are ‘Echoes’, ‘Starlight Ride’ and ‘The Sleeper’ but it is all great.

9 Likes

Camel - ‘Mirage’ (1974). The second Camel album and featuring the original classic lineup of Andrew Latimer, Peter Bardens, Doug Ferguson and Andy Ward. This is great prog. All tracks are top notch for me.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Areni Agbabian - Bloom

Areni Agbabian (Voice, Piano) and Nicolas Stocker (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon Areni’s Bloom a release from April, 2019 and she is sounding might sweet! …one beautiful album!

4 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - When We Leave

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Keyboard, Vocals), Håkon Aase (Violin, Percussion), Andreas Ulvo Piano), Audun Erlien (Bass), Torstein Lofthus (Drums), Helge Andreas Norbakken (Drums, Percussion) and Stian Carstensen (Pedal Steel Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with beautiful album from Mathias in September, 2021 and he and his talented sextet are sounding sublime! …simply beautiful.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Parker Quartet / Kim Kashkashian - György Kurtág – Six movements musical Official breve and and Antonin Dvořák - STRING QUINTET op.97

Daniel Chong (Violin), Ken Hamao (Violin), Jessica Bodner (Viola), Kee-Hyun Kim (Violoncello) and Kim Kashkashian (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the early evening hours with this newly released album from October, 2021 and the opening track is sounding sublime! Looking forward to the rest of the album…

3 Likes