What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Me too, I going to steal that idea for my new studio. :grin:

1 Like

Shawn Colvin - Live, from 2009 on CD

A gentle start on a rainy day here and I favour SC’s stripped down live sets.

8 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Out / 1997 Columbia / Austria HDCD / CK 65122

Friday’s first, an all time classic on HDCD.

23 Likes

A Stereophonic gem.

2 Likes

71GZffmQwML.AC_UY436_QL65

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:

20 Likes

81evsr3Oq0L.AC_UY436_QL65

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :+1: :notes:

33 Likes

Casiopea Down Upbeat / 2002 Village / Japan CD / VRCL 2232

3 Likes

@steviebee @Pete_the_painter @igahman

Before selecting any of the Island label Wailers recordings as “the best” you need to be familiar with the early works from Studio One, Beverleys (Leslie Kong) and Lee Scratch Perry, these include the original first recordings of many songs later re recorded for the Island albums, different production values, less polished but still definitive

R-1743348-1524991021-2129
R-1743348-1524991021-8423

Add to these the harder to find Wail n Soul M label self produced material and arguably (probably not, but I include them in the interest of completeness) the pop/soul crossover JAD (Johnny Nash/Danny Sims) material and then consider if any of the Island albums are “best” as great as they are.

Btw in the case of The Best Of The Wailers (Beverleys) Bunny Wailer was so irked by Leslie Kong releasing the compilation without the bands permission and taking issue with The Best Of title (Bunny protested that how could it be so titled when the best was yet to come), according to legend Bunny placed an Obeah curse on Kong who died suddenly the following year from heart attack.
:heart:

11 Likes

Kaya is made from tracks that didnt make the cut to Exodus and recorded at the same Basin St London recording sessions

1 Like

A bit of canuck darkwave to kick off the day

1 Like

The Doors. 1972 Compilation. 2x Vinyl. Think I had this at School.

51NwZ4+t8JL

13 Likes

Grover Washington JR Paradise / 2013 Elektra / Japan CD / WPCR27413

6 Likes

Rory Gallagher - Cleveland Calling Parts 1 & 2

11 Likes

First listen, hopefully more like ‘Happiness is the Road’ than ‘F.e.a.r’ which did not do anything for me.

5 Likes

RICHARD_&_LINDA_THOMPSON_POUR+DOWN+LIKE+SILVER-6744261

CD…Richard and Linda’s third studio album released in 1975 Pour Down Like Silver contains some of Richard’s most beautiful songs including For Shame Of Doing Wrong, Beat The Retreat and particularly, Dimming Of The Day.

11 Likes

Very good musicians here :ok_hand:

Twinkle Brothers - Underground (Tidal/Twinkle 1982)

Not the best sound on the stream, but out in the cab beggars cant be…

2 Likes

61z49QS493L.AC

Various Artists - Punky Reggae Selecta - 19 Punk Club Classics.

Where’s the bloody sun disappeared to, over North Yorks?

Never mind, I’ve got my own here, provided by Toots & The Maytals, Delroy Washington, Junior Murvin and The Mighty Diamonds, among others. :jamaica:

7 Likes

Three nice tasks to multi too :joy:

1 Like

Brings us nicely back to BMW

9 Likes