What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

51SRqw1zciL.AC_UY436_QL65

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:

22 Likes

My third purchase of the day

The Weather Station
How is it That I Should Look at the Stars

There is a Joni Mitchell Blue vibe here - beautiful album.

9 Likes

Now Playing…

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

Chris Stapleton (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Morgane Stapleton (Vocals), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar), Jarrod Travis Cure (Bass Guitar), Derek Mixon (Drums) and Benmont Tench (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Chris’s ‘Starting Over’ and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes

61kRWbWsAnS.AC_UY436_QL65

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

6 Likes

Kicking off the weekend with this one…

19 Likes

Marillion | An Hour Before It’s Dark | 2022
Finishing off track one and its sounding encouraging…

8 Likes

What a great track that is. @Anonymoot

2 Likes

Fantastic! Go Lisa!

5 Likes

Now playing…

Kings of Convenience - Peace or Love

Erik Glambek Bøe (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Erlend Øye (Guitar, Vocals), Davide Bertolini (Double Bass, Viola da Gamba), Feist (Vocals), Alex Grieg (Double Bass), Tobias Hett (Viola) and Alexander von Mehren (Bass, Keyboards, Marimba).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @apye above had reminded me that I had not had this album for awhile and no time like the present to give them a spin and Erik, Eriend and the band are sounding sublime!

6 Likes

Everything But The Girl Walking Wounded
1996 Virgin / UK Promo CD / Card Sleeve / CDCDJ2803

8 Likes

A plaintive reflection on memory via John Fahey.

Sentimental Debris - Scott Wainwright

2 Likes

Thanks Andy, ordered (and also a couple of earlier albums as it’s Bandcamp Friday).

2 Likes

1 Like

Marillion | Clutching at Straws | 1985
Back to Marillion in their Fish days. I think their new one is ok and on topic.

7 Likes

Now Playing…

Sean Rowe - The Darkness Dressed in Colored Lights

Sean Rowe (Vocals, Guitar), Shane Leonard (Drums, Percussion), Jeremy Boetcher (Bass), Ben Lester (Keyboards, Pedal Steel), Courtney Hartman (Vocals, Guitar), Chris Carey (Bass), John DeHaven (Brass Section), Jeff Nania (Brass Section), and Joel Yannuzzi (Brass Section).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Sean and his latest album release from this past October and Sean and the band are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

I’ve been listening to the new Tears for Fears LP (‘The Tipping Point’) during the week - genuinely surprised at how good it is. Made me realise how much I love that band. So tonight, heading back to 1983, with ‘The Hurting’.

16 Likes

Kings Of Convenience Peace Or Love / 2021 EMI / EU CD / 00602435726946

Joining @seakayaker with a spin of this excellent disc.

8 Likes

Colosseum II. Electric savage.
Big fan of members and various incarnations but thanks to @Naimsw for getting my interest to play this.

5 Likes

Davy Graham & Shirley Collins - Folk Roots and New Routes.

A key recording in the English folk genre.

9 Likes

Yes, an amazing album. Seminal as da critics say.

1 Like