What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

A right little gem - great SQ - Part 2 to follow after this one.

4 Likes

My favourite Scott W album. Acoustic folk blues with electronic flavourings whooshing here and there.
Another mostly unheralded troubadour of the soul. Great playing and writing here.

Talking Backwoods - Scott Wainwright.

2 Likes

Not a huge Country fan but this Dolly Parton new album sounds fine this evening.

6 Likes

My pleasure. Enjoy!

A fabulous historic album, in recent years Shirley Collins has given a talk about how the record company wanted them to tour the clubs together, but they were a miss-matched couple with Davy being the wild man doing drugs.

He was a wonderful guitar player and I regret I never heard him live and he made comparatively few recordings. Shirley and Dolly’s Anthems in Eden is wonderful too.

2 Likes

Yes another essential.

1 Like

Linda Lewis, sideway shuffle. Saturday morning down under and I feel like some pick me up beats. Good morning, afternoon and evening everyone. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Benmont Tench - You Should Be So Lucky

Benmont Tench (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano), Ryan Adams (Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony), Daphne Chen (Violin), Lauren Chipman (Viola), Richard Dodd (Cello), Eric Gorfain (Violin), Joel Jerome (Vocal Harmony), Ethan Johns (Drums, 12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric, Guitar, Leslie Guitar, Shaker, Slide Guitar, Tiple, Vocal Harmony), Blake Mills (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tiple), Tom Petty (Bass), David Rawlings (Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony), Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Percussion), Ringo Starr (Tamborine), Don Was (Bass, Upright Bass), Gillian Welch (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony) and The Section Quartet (Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this 2013 release from Benmont and he and his talented group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet! …another album that has not been out for a spin awhile and has to get in the rotation a bit more often.

8 Likes

Roots - Ian Carr’s Nucleus.

5 Likes

The Weather Station - How Is It That I Should Look At The Stars - 16/44 WAV download
1st listen to this after @AndyP’s comments above, it’s a fantastic album. Ruminative singer-songwriter lyrics sung delicately and plaintively over piano backing, powerful and beautiful. Thanks Andy.

7 Likes

That’s another great album Tony. I prefer the cover of Electric Savage though but.:woozy_face:

1 Like

Now Playing…

Cowboy Junkies - Caution Horses

Margo Timmins (Vocals), Jaro Czerwinec (Accordion), Alan Anton (Bass), Peter Timmins (Drums), Jeff Bird (Fiddle, Mandolin, Harmonica), Michael Timmins (Guitar), Kim Deschamps (Pedal Steel Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar) and David Houghton (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with the Cowboy Junkies and Margo and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …one very fine album.

13 Likes

1971 - Janis Joplin // Pearl

15 Likes

Prompted by mentions of their debut here yesterday. I haven’t played this in a long time.

Hats - The Blue Nile

13 Likes

Ayreon, the source. Haven’t listened to this for a while. :relaxed:

5 Likes

I’m so shallow

Bryan Ferry - Let’s Stick Together.

17 Likes

Ever so slight tempo shift after The Blue Nile, the frenetic debut from The Eleventh House/Larry Coryell.

6 Likes

On cd…

7 Likes

51cT9GKScaL.UX250_FMwebp_QL85
Ravi Shankar - Chants Of India.

8 Likes