What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Probably my favourite of the Bootleg Series (alongside Another Self Portrait).

Tell Tale Signs: 1989-2006/Bob Dylan.

14 Likes

Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / EU CD / 2018 A&M Records / 00602577198830

A wonderful end of the day distraction…

11 Likes

Now playing…

Diane Birch - Bible Belt

Diane Birch (Bells, Farfisa Organ, Fender Rhodes, Finger Snaps, Guitar, Handclapping, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Vocals, Wurlitzer), John R. Angier (Horn Arrangements, String Arrangements), Ray Angry (HammondOrgan), Cindy Blackman (Drums), Adam Blackstone (Bass), Eugene Briskin (Cello), Eva Burmeister (Violin), Tomas K. Carney (Violin), Minyoung Chang (Violin), David Creswell (Viola), Sumyia Dabney (Handclapping, Vocals), Desiree Elsevier (Viola), Steve Greenberg (Finger Snaps, Handclapping), Dawn Hannay (Viola), Jim Hines (Trumpet), Bobby Jay and the Hawks (Handclapping, Vocals), Shan Jiang (Violin), Vivek Kamath (Viola), Joel Katz (Handclapping, Vocals), Lenny Kaye (Electric Guitar), Lisa Kim (Violin), Sumire Kudo (Cello), Jeanne LeBlanc (Cello), Elizabeth Lim (Violin), Frank London (Trumpet), Michael Longoria (Vocals), Kuan Cheng Lu (Violin), Tom “Bones” Malone (Flugelhorn, Horn Arrangements, Trombone), Lou Marini (Saxophone), Karen Marx (Violin), John McCurry (Acoustic Guitar,Electric Guitar), Eileen Moon (Cello), Stanton Moore (Drums, Percussion), Jose Moro (Handclapping, Vocals), Angelo Morris (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Maxim Moston (String Arrangements), Phil Myers (Horn), Sarah O’Boyle (Violin), Fionn Ó Lochlainn (Electric Guitar)Suzanne Ornstein (Violin), Daniel Panner (Viola), Sandra Park (Violin), Lenny Pickett (Saxophone), Eugene Pitt (Handclapping, Vocals), Annaliesa Place (Violin), George Porter, Jr. (Bass), Shannon Powell (Tambourine), Erik Ralske (Horn), Michael Roth (Viola), Sophie Shao (Cello), Jenny Strenger (Violin), Arnaud Sussmann (Violin), Alicia Svigals (String Arrangements), Cole Williams (Handclapping, Vocals), Mary Wooten (Cello), Betty Wright (Finger Snaps, Handclapping, Vocals), Jung Sun Yoo (Violin) and Wei Hong Yu (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… moving on into the late afternoon with Diane and this 2010 album release and she and the large supporting group of musicians are sounding sweet! …another album which had not had a spin in awhile and Diane should definitely be in the rotation more often, simply fabulous vocals. Diane also wrote every song on the album…

13 Likes

Missy Higgins, total control. With all the recent events including Shane Warne’s sudden passing yesterday. As much as we want control, how little control we actually have.

2 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in years, always brings back good memories.

I was 22, 1991, fresh out of the Marines and working on my undergrad at the university. Took an impromptu road trip with my gf. By chance we were staying with her friends a few blocks from Schubas Tavern in Chicago. I checked out the playbill when we walked by and I recognized Peru Ubu from the retro radio station I listened to. The next night I let my gf know I was catching the show and would meet her and her friends after. The band said they were recording the show but I didn’t think anything of it at the time. Years later they released this album of the show. The sounds are so familiar to me.

5 Likes

Erin Rae - Lighten Up
CD|2022

Followed by Margo Cilker ‎– Pohorylle

CD|2021

3 Likes

NIN “Broken” (1992) w/ the amazing 7”

7 Likes

The Tipping Point is right up there with the other 3 imho… spinning these essential TFF albums in chronological order this afternoon.

14 Likes

Nice! And Great story :slight_smile:

1 Like
7 Likes

To start Saturday…

Gregory Porter - 2013 Liquid Spirit

9 Likes

Space Walk - Don Rendell Quintet

6 Likes

Van Morrison - Common One (1980)

Too long since I played this… no hits, not ‘radio friendly’ by any stretch, but for me, one of his best.

11 Likes

Second play of this album, Motherland Journey by Blue Lab Beats.

4 Likes

Great Album :ok_hand:

Marianne Faithfull - Vagabond Ways

11 Likes

51GrU7m023L.AC
Jimmy Smith - Bashin’.

8 Likes

Before & After Science - Brian Eno

12 Likes

Starting this fine Saturday with some ‘air guitar’ whilst SWMBO is not in the HiFi room :flushed:

13 Likes

Oscar Peterson The Lost Tapes / 1996 MPS / Germany CD / 5290962

Oscar Peterson Piano
Ray Brown, Sam Jones Bass
Bob Durham, Ed Thigpen Drums

6 Likes