What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

The 2013 pressing… have no basis for comparison but it’s delightful to my ears.

22 Likes

A perfect complete double imho.

G

13 Likes

The Style Council. Best of, CD. Didn’t know we had this, my wife and I are blaming each other. Thought I would give it a play. Not as terrible as I had feared.

517KqHr-78L.SY445_SX342_QL70_ML2

5 Likes

1st run sounds promising…

Currently listening to a couple of Beethoven piano sonatas op14/1 and op14/2. Andras Schiff on ECM new series. Nothing short of amazing. Never heard it so good…

2 Likes

Deep Purple - Made In Japan, listening to the two disc set, which includes an encores disc.

27 Likes

@AlanP Best live album I have listened to :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yene Mircha by Hailu Mergia*

• not a long lost John Barnes solo album as my brother in law queried.
2 Likes

Jordan Rakei What We Call Life / 2021 Ninja Tune / EU CD / ZENCD276

3 Likes

Something very old because of corona quarantine

3 Likes

The Band, Stage Fright. Vinyl. MoFi.

11 Likes

1st run

1 Like

Bossa Antigua - Paul Desmond ft Jim Hall. In fulsome mono.

5 Likes

A quick comparison of the cd rip on my nas and Qobuz reveals how much louder the Qobuz is. I’ll stick with my rip.

G

26 Likes

Hiatus Kaiyote have journeyed far to create a restorative album that provides sanctuary, hope and possibility in uncertain times. Indeed, by solidifying their blend of poetry, soul and funk, ‘Mood Valiant’ stands as Hiatus Kaiyote’s most resonant album yet.

61OgbochpwL.SS500
Status Quo - Hello!

12 Likes

Came here for a proper shoot out…proper shoot out like Colonel Custer n Geronimo! (Sorry just turned into Tom Hardy/Ronnie Kray in a scene from Legend)

Cyrus Phono Signature/PSX R 2 vs Superline/HC DR

Inconveniently have to attend a wedding reception later so this selection seems appropriate for Bride n Groom

Herb Ellis - Nothing But The Blues (Speakers Corner/Verve)

:grin:

3 Likes

Elles Bailey - Shining in the Half Light

3 Likes

Driving Coldharbour Lane yesterday and sighted Congo Natty, I said hello how are you, how do you do, as you do…

Congo Natty - Jungle Revolution (Big Dada 2LP)

:heart:

2 Likes

Hate to play the pedant here, Dread, but Custer wasn’t involved with Geronimo. He was further north fighting Sioux and Cheyenne (I admit it it, I’m a Sioux Wars buff) :grin: