What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Fleetwood Mac - Future Games (1971)

For me this is the best Fleetwood Mac album.

From the second incarnation with Bob Welch on board, Danny Kirwin’s wonderful songwriting and guitar playing, Christine McVie’s vocals and beautiful songs. Plus the ever present Fleetwood and McVie.

An overlooked gem of an album.

19 Likes

kings of convenience versus / 2001 Source / UK CD / CDSOUR040

Compilation of remakes, remixes and collaborations using material from Quiet Is The New Loud

5 Likes

Somi - Zenzile: The Reimagination Of Miriam Makeba (Tidal)

First listen as recommended by TheKevster

0885150705384_161e9738895961

Somi is an African American singer, songwriter, playwright and actor. She has released seven albums to date that have earned placings on leading international World Music and Jazz charts.

She was nominated for Best Jazz Vocal Album at the most recent Grammy awards ceremony, making her the first African woman ever to be recognised in a Jazz category.

Her new album, Zenzile - The Reimagination of Miriam Makeba, is a celebration of the invaluable musical contributions and messages of social justice made by the first lady of African song and features Somi’s interpretations of some of Makeba’s best known recordings.

Released on what would have been the 90th birthday of Miriam Makeba, Zenzile… is a star-studded tribute and features guest appearances from Gregory Porter, Angelique Kidjo, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Seun Kuti and more.

It is wonderful and I do hope this album leads to people checking out Miriam Makeba’s original recordings as well. Only physically out on CD at the mo as far as I can see.

:heart:

7 Likes

Threshold - Sum Blues

4 Likes

Mary Margaret O’Hara A New Day 12".
As ever, just wow

3 Likes

Fourplay Between The Sheets / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28090

Bob James Keyboards
Lee Ritenour Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

10 Likes

My CD arrives 15 March approximately…not streaming beforehand cos I want to hear it first on my stereo, not on my phone. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

J.J. Cale - Naturally

19 Likes

Emmylou Harris - Elite Hotel

I wonder if she’d consider doing a house concert at my place?

18 Likes

Portait of Art Farmer Contemporary Records, US
1958, but a '70s reissue I think.
Art: tpt
Hank Jones: pno
Addison Farmer: b
Roy Haynes: dr

8 Likes

LP - Sundazed 2001 reissue : )

<>

Arthur Lee - lead vocals, percussion, harmonica.
Johnny Echols - lead guitar
Bryan MacLean - rhythm guitar, vocals. (Lead vocals on “Softly to Me” and “Hey Joe”.)
Ken Forssi - bass guitar
Alban “Snoopy” Pfisterer - drums

Sunset Sound Recorders Studio, Hollywood, California. 1966

<<>>

Arthur Lee was born on this day in 1945

born in Memphis, Tennessee, on 7th March 1945, in John Gaston Hospital :us:

Arthur Taylor Lee (born Arthur Porter Taylor) 1945-2006

20 Likes

LP - Electra / Rhino 2015 reissue on white vinyl : )

Arthur Lee - guitar & vocals
John Echols - guitar
Bryan Maclean - guitar & vocals
KenForssi - bass
Michael Stuart - percussion

Recorded at Sunset Sound Recorders, Hollywood, California. June - Sept 1967
Released 1st November 1967

22 Likes

Not my favourite album by MO but it’s good to hear once in awhile, a long while I’m afraid. Hymn To Him is pretty good though.

5 Likes

Charlie Haden Private Collection No 1 / 1993 naim / Austria promo CD / naimcd005

7 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome, The Seeger, Sessions American Land Edition

7 Likes

Joining Debs with the Love fest for Arthur’s birthday.
Four Sail US first press, Monarch. Great album!

10 Likes

That seems a long time to wait.
Yes, I’m listening in my cab via phone n bluetoof, not great, only option while I’m working but does the job. Will enjoy it more streamed through my home rig no doubt whilst waiting to see if it comes on decent vinyl preferably
:heart:

10 Likes

8 Likes

Snarky Puppy Ground Up / 2012 Art of Groove / Germany CD + DVD / MIG80162

4 Likes