What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

3 Likes

Certainly will Andy. Features Duane I believe

1 Like

Lyle Lovett: My Baby don’t Tolerate. Got this when it came out and for some reason never rated it, I was wrong its a cracker.

6 Likes

Hi @seakayaker , if you got on with this album, then give Sorry a spin. I think you might like that too!

Different as we know it in general, verdict still out

5 Likes

Now playing…

The New York Rock and Soul Review - Live At The Beacon

Chris Anderson (Trumpet), David Brigati (Percussion, Vocals), Eddie Brigati (Percussion, Vocals), Charles Brown (Piano, Vocals), Cornelius Bumpus (Tenor Saxophone), Danny Caron (Guitar), Larry Debari (Guitar, Alto Horn, Horn Arrangements, Rhythm Arrangements), Donald Fagen (Fender Rhodes, Alto Horn, Horn Arrangements, Melodica, Piano, Rhythm Arrangements, Alto Saxophone, Vocals), Alan Golub (Alto Horn, Horn Arrangements, Rhythm Arrangements), Bob Gurland (Trumpet, Vocals), John Hagen (Tenor Saxophone, Vocals), Philip Hamilton (Percussion, Vocals), Ula Hedwig (Vocals), Mindy Jostyn (Acoustic Bass, Harmonica, Vocals), Trip Khalaf (House Sound), Dennis McDermott (Drums), Michael McDonald (Piano, Vocals), Boz Scaggs (Vocals), Lincoln Schleifer (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass), Phoebe Snow (Vocals), Dian Sorel (Vocals), Jimmy Vivino (Guitar, Alto Horn, Horn Arrangements, Musical Director, Rhythm Arrangements), Jeff Young (Alto Horn, Keyboards, Organ, Rhythm Arrangements, Vocals) and Drew Zingg (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention above from @ Collywobbles above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the music is sounding mighty sweet! Looking forward to the rest of this one…

4 Likes

Fancied some nice easy going vocals

9 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire That’s The Way Of the World
2012 Sony / Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP20354

16 Likes

Stacey Kent, raconte-moi… feel like more French songs. Haven’t listened to this for quite a while. Sweet. Tell me, tell me, please. :relaxed:

9 Likes

A decade and a half on from Early Years’ brilliance is this: another triumphant incarnation of The Fall.

The Infotainment Scan.

Two cover versions here, the well known song, Lost In Music, and the more obscure, I’m Going To Spain. Both unmistakably made into Fall songs.

5 Likes

John Peel played The Fall a lot. Listened on transistor radio. Dragnet gets played. Will search out the earlier stuff.

3 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel. Best of. Familiar, yes. Still brilliant, yes. Imho.

19 Likes

71I4RnpexNL.SS500
12. 12. 12. The Concert For Sandy Relief, a double disc featuring Springsteen, Joel, Bon Jovi, Waters, Clapton, The Stones, The Who and McCartney amongst others, performing at the benefit concert.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Tony Joe White | Home Made Ice Cream | 1973

8 Likes

A little bit of Nick to start the evening off

13 Likes

Yes maybe the vinyl version will come out shortly - like you I’ll be into it

1 Like

Shakespears Sister Stay 7", with a nice signed lyric sheet.

4 Likes

Freddie Hubbard
Straight Life

I have this digital, but have just decided this will not be a hole in my vinyl collection for long. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

The video for that single was quite amazing. Siobhan Fahey totally unhinged.

Not forgetting Marcella Detroit who wrote ‘Lay Down Sally’

3 Likes