What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

@AndyP
Yeah, I fell for Siobhan instantly. My kind of gal!

Great song - wish I knew where my 12" went to ages ago…

2 Likes

Number 2 tonight

I must say I do have a bit of a thing for German Music starting I suppose with Kraftwerk, Rammstein (2 nd best live concert), Lord of the Lost, DJHell - and this band Blutengel. Goth/pop - pet shop boys meet sisters of mercy - but with a dose of female vocals! Not everyone’s cup of tea - but I like em!

2 Likes

13 Likes

Wonderful docu-drama called ‘Myths and Legendary tapes’ about her early days at what was the genius and madness of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. Can’t imagine it would get funding nowadays?

3 Likes

Moonchild Please Rewind / 2015 Tru Thoughts / UK CD / TRUCD320

3 Likes

Now playing…

Paul Motian - The Windmills of Your Mind

Paul Motian (drums), Bill Frisell (guitar), Thomas Morgan (bass) and Petra Haden (voice).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon Paul, Petra and Thomas and Bill they are sounding mighty sweet! Four fantastic musicians…

5 Likes

Samantha Fish, Kill or be Kind. @Bokermonz , intrigued by your comment about Mag Myers. Maybe I am very used to female vocals, your remarks reminded me of bulletproof by Samantha Fish. Will definitely give MM a listen. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Beverly Kenney, sings with Jimmy Jones. Now for something very different comes Beverly Kenney. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

32 Likes

Last one from me tonight

This for me was when DM started to get interesting - Everything Counts was first single that really got me!

5 Likes

Dale Watson, Best Of The Hightone Years. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

1 Like

Top notch Country.

4 Likes

Thanks DogWalker,
There was an acclaimed documentary about women electronic music pioneers released in 2021. Sisters with Transisters. (In fact Delia Derbyshire cut and spliced tape, but it is a catchy title and includes Daphne Oram co-founder of the Radiophonic Workshop.)
Unknown

But the BBC did not employ composers and the workshop did not make ‘music’ but sound effects. There was always a tension.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Petra Haden with the Nick Haywood Quintet - Songs From My Father

Petra Haden (Violin, Vocals), Nick Haywood (Bass), Eugene Ball (Trumpet), Colin Hopkins (Piano), Stephen Magnusson (Guitar) and James McLean (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on with Petra with The Nick Haywood Quintet working with compositions from her father Charlie Haden, Bill Frisell, Pat Metheny, Jessie Harris, Lyle Mays, Pete St. John and Jimmy Webb. …and Petra and the band are sounding sublime!

4 Likes

This is a slow and calming track.

Now playing…

Foy Vance -Signs of Life

Foy Vance (Drums, Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Ella Vance (Vocals), Gareth Dunlop (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lute, Mandolin, Mellotron, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vibraphone, Vocals), Al Gamble (Hammond Organ), Colm McClen (Electric Guitar), Conor McCreanor (Bass) and Craig Milton (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on into the late afternoon with Foy and his ‘Signs of Life’ album and the music is sounding sublime! …life is sweet and so is the music!

7 Likes

Dark Intervals, Keith Jarrett

2 Likes

Now playing…

Elina Duni - Aksham

Elina Duni (Voice), David Enhc (Trumpet), Marc Perrenoud (Piano), Florent Nisse (Bass) and Fred Pasqua (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… reaching ending of the day and turning to Elina and her sweet voice with this fabulous quintet and the music is sounding sublime!

1 Like

Brilliant guitarist. Once saw him play where he broke 2 strings and played out most of the show with the remaining 4.

1 Like

Late era. Penultimate.
Sub-Lingual Tablet - The Fall

5 Likes