What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

It’s okay, but the whole thing sounds less vibrant than expected. I was anticipating Dolphy and Coltrane being less recessed in the soundstage. More likely the recording and or mastering than pressing of course.

It’s the first thing I’ve played on my recently acquired deck that’s been a disappointment in terms of sound reproduction.

Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn. Their first and arguably, perhaps, their most inventive album due to Syd Barrett’s influence. Only have this on CD - anyone recommend the new vinyl reissue, worth a punt?

19 Likes

The 2017 mono remaster by Bernie Grundman seems to have had good reviews. I think @TheKevster might give you an idea. I only have the original mono pressing and still going strong.

15 Likes

Don’t recall ever seeing much of The Fall on here.

As it would have been the late Mark E Smiths birthday a few days ago I had to play something out of respect. Cancer got him in the end (lung and kidney) but he didn’t give up to the end by using a wheelchair for his performances!

7 Likes

Airbag - Disconnected, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :sunglasses:

8 Likes

91njIaL49BL.SS500
Dr. Lonnie Smith - All In My Mind.

6 Likes

@Charles64 I have just posted about Mark E Smith and not seeing much of The Fall on here and then I noticed your post! I never had the pleasure of seeing them live but wish I had. They / Mark E did it their / his way; you know what I mean.

2 Likes

Beach Boys. Carl & The Passions-So tough.
Alphabetically chosen on the iPod.
Some moving tracks on this 1972 release including the beautiful Cuddle up.
Yes, I think that’s the answer. We all need to cuddle up.

6 Likes

They certainly did. Good to see some Fall fans here - there are a few I recall.
Each phase and iteration of the band, line up and label wise, produced great music. The three albums I played yesterday and one last week, are the first in ages, but each time I come back to them there’s that wonderful blend of the now familiar and the still unexpected, thrilling sense of a singular mind running amok, railing against the orthodoxy of contemporary social mores.

For me, there’s something good on each and every album, not that all the albums were equally great. Many were, though.

I really liked his excursions into electronic sounds (D.O.S.E and Von Sudenfeld) which of course permeated into many middle to late period Fall albums, too.

3 Likes

Underworld Second Toughest In The Infants / 2001 JBO / Japan CD + mini CD / V2CI109/110

8 Likes

Thanks for that Tony, will take a look through Discogs.

1 Like

Agnes Obel - Aventine, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

14 Likes

images
I never thought that I’d find myself listening to TFF, but this really is a fine album an a thoroughly enjoyable listen.

15 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

7 Likes

King Creosote & Jon Hopkins
Diamond Mine Jubilee Edition

What wonderful sensitivity
The same thrill every time you listen

9 Likes

On CD:-

George Duke - Liberated Fantasies

5 Likes

On CD:-

Hurray For The Riff Raff - Life On Earth

2 Likes

Now playing…

Elina Duni - Partir

Elina Duni (Voice, Piano, Guitar, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… Kicking off this Wednesday morning with Elina’s Partir album and can not think of a better way to start the day. She is such a talented musician with a stunning, beautiful voice and she is sounding absoluetly sublime! one sweet album…

2 Likes

Miranda Lee Richards - Echoes of the Dreamtime

Track - First Light of Winter is a classic

3 Likes

Still in the folk - world mood but more lively today

6 Likes