What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

As its become a bit of a Fall day, playing the one that got me started in 1988, prior to seeing them for the first time in 1990.
51Z3MV3G5CL.SY580

6 Likes

St Germain Tourist / 2000 Blue Note / France CD x 2 / 724353367107

12 Likes

Giving my new cartridge a blast! It certainly delivers

23 Likes

I’m a bit of a sucker for Mr Hornsby’s early piano driven songs with the Range and this compilations first five tracks are about as good as it gets imho

Bruce Hornsby - Greatest Radio Hits

10 Likes

Vinyl from sometime in the early 1980s:

15 Likes

I’m so pleased I finally found this. It’s a lovely album.

2 Likes

1985 - Robby Krieger - Third solo album by the ex-Doors guitarist.

3 Likes

John Martyn. Running up the Harbour. Originally unreleased on Grace and Danger. Great song and killer bass line from John Giblin. How he couldn’t see that this should have been on the album is unbelievable.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Q35nEjr2aHNCus4f8

5 Likes

81LT80j1HJL.SS500
Bill Wyman, whilst not earth shattering, this effort holds up well amongst the Stones solo output.

4 Likes

Alice Sara Ott - ‘Nightfall’ (2018). The 552 is still settling in and warming up after a power down. Takes ages but will get there in the end, even though I think one of these times it won’t! Even at this stage it is ‘music not hifi’.

2 Likes

Dawn Landes, meet me at the river. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Vinyl, again.

16 Likes

My favourite album, so far this year……and i am not a fan of their work. The cover does them no favours imo.

4 Likes

I totally agree Charles. They are everything I want in a band and like you I don’t listen to them every day but when I do I am always reminded how deep it all goes as you always pick up on something that you have missed before.

I tend to find that with a lot of bands, especially newer ones, that I can get tired of them quite quickly as I seem to read through their depth of what they can do, if you get what I mean. Whereas with the Fall there is no limit to that depth, its endless.

Also you I can’t actually call out what their best album is as everyone will have their own opinion and they will be right. To me they have a lot more great albums, though I may not like all of the tracks but the albums as a whole are great.

A unique band that stand alone, as for Mark E, what can you say, passionate about his routes and community, obviously intelligent and talented to consistently deliver something that he so passionately believed in. If his style and genre was more acceptable to the masses I’m sure he would have been a commercial global superstar… but then that wouldn’t be the Fall and I for one wouldn’t be listening to them!

The world of The Fall, go there if you dare!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne - Just A Little Lovin’

Shelby Lynne (Guitar, Vocals), Kevin Axt (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), Curt Bisquera (Drums), Gregg Field (Drums), Rob Mathes (Keyboards) and Dean Parks (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… retuning home from dropping off a friend for a dental procedure and taking Shelby out for a spin and she and the band are sounding sweet! One very fine album…

16 Likes

Lori McKenna, the bird & the rifle. :relieved:

3 Likes

Ahh @TheKevster, I have just messaged @Charles64 about The Fall, good to see you you are part of the family too.! Two crackin albums!

1 Like

Craven Faults - Lowfold Works Trilogy, very hypnotic

Preformatted text> Blockquote

and now Wrangler - A Situation