What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Yes it has become a bit of a Fall day and why not! I’m happy!

1 Like

1971 - Gerry Rafferty // Can I Have My Money Back

11 Likes

There’s a fab video on YT of Byron Wallen playing conch shells on ‘Ferry Shell’ from the album Portrait where he records them and plays them back in a loop as the backing for the band’s over-playing.
A very talented artist and a lovely album.

2 Likes

91eQ6tyqlFL.SS500
Tinariwen - Aman Iman.

11 Likes

I must admit I bought the rsd release of this 1-2 years ago and only played it a couple of times, not really gelling with me.
Two or three tracks were really good the rest so so, erhaps I should give it more listens!

1 Like

Your Future Our Clutter - The Fall.

Late period magnificence.

7 Likes

17 Likes

Now playing…

Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest

Gillian Welch (Banjo, Guitar, Hands, Harmonica, Vocals) and David Rawlings (Banjo, Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Gillian and David and they are sounding mighty fine…

14 Likes

Spot on Martin.

3 Likes

Alison Krauss and Union Station, lonely runs both ways. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Yes, I am very fond of “The Mighty Fall”, saw them many times and even interviewed MES around the time of Extricate!

3 Likes

It’s a grower Ian. And “Zu Zu Mamou” is my fave Dr John track.

1 Like

A 2021 outing by the great - and prolific – Japanese pianist. It’s just her and her piano, and mostly it never sounds like a piano. But it is rather beautiful, and often immersive (it’s very well recorded). CD.

6 Likes

What did Stewart Lee say?
He, [Mark E Smith] has the same kind of charisma that a dictator has … where your kind of a little bit nervous of falling under his spell’

2 Likes

Good evening

Just thought I’d say hello and here’s the first of tonight

A little bit of a strange feeling this evening - had tea and fell asleep on sofa - woke up and not really sure what happened! And no drink involved as current medication doesn’t allow….

Why am I telling you this?

I haven’t the faintest……

12 Likes

Now playing…

Malia - Ripples (Echoes Of Dreams)

Malia (Vocals), Marina Capstick (Viola), Bruno Ducret (Cello), Mwezi (Vocals), Sylvain Rabi (Violin) and Alexandre Saada (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Maila’s very fine album ‘Ripples’ and she and the talented group of musicians accompanying her are sounding sublime! One fine album, love it…

11 Likes

Yes the Grundman/Guthrie master is pretty decent. Have to confess I don’t have a 1967 mono so I can’t tell you hoiw it compares.

The one you MUST avoid is the godawful 1997 “30th anniversary” mono CD and LPs, which are rubbish (but quite collectable).

1 Like

Cant play at the moment, but let me join The Fall love-in…3 of my 4 LPs. All originals. Have to look for RoomTo Live but I adore Joker Hysterical Face .

Also have Ghost In My House hologram 7" (two copies cos i thought it would become rare, lol) and Victoria 7" box

What a band!

5 Likes

Possibly my favourite late early period (or early mid period?) on original 1990 vinyl:

7 Likes

Cheers Kev. For some reason I always thought you had an original mono pressing. I think Graham, @Quad33, has got both Copies and was thinking of selling his original but wasn’t sure what to make of Grundman’s remaster. I wonder if he made his mind up.