What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

That’s tempting. I said to my wife that it is much cheaper than I thought it would be. She said it was more expensive than she thought it would be.:woozy_face:

It was Martin. As many know, MES was an alcoholic, and turned up to the interview late and looking VERY dishevelled, with a holdall full of cans of beer and packets of Bensons. Upon entering the room, he plopped the holdall on the coffee table, unzipped it and said to me and the photographer: “there you go lads, help yourselves”.

The interview was about 90 minutes and he chain-smoked (you could still do that back in 1989) and swigged beer all the way through – he (and it was just him, I couldn’t get a word in edgeways) talked about everything – apart from the new album of course!

8 Likes

Ten Years After. Cricklewood Green.
This is the one I probably play the most.

Qobuz

17 Likes

David Sanborn Hideaway / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795678

4 Likes

I would tell her shes more expensive than I thought she would be

2 Likes

After falling down the rabbit hole of Ana Popovic the friendly algorithm at Qobuz suggested I listen to the Sue Foley track - The Ice Queen.

Enjoyed this bit of modern Texas Blues, enough to give the whole album a listen- liking it so far.

Sue Foley - The Ice Queen (2018)

5 Likes

Classic Kev, you wouldn’t have it any other way!

1 Like

By the way, all my Fall albums are on CD and I have often pondered about getting some on vinyl. I haven’t as yet as I am unsure about the SQ and should I go for early pressings or later reissues / remasters etc. I have bought a few various reissues / remasters from other artists and frankly I haven’t been impressed by some of them.

Any thoughts and advise would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Tom Misch Geography / 2018 Beyond The Groove / EU CD / BTG020CD

Wanted a good lunchtime vibe and this fits the bill.

6 Likes

Emerson String Quartet - Mendelssohn Complete SQs

I was listening to Shostakovich Symphony no. 4, but halfway through the second movement was feeling a bit guilty listening to Russian music even though the 4th symphony was the one which was withdrawn and not performed for 25 years to avoid the wrath of Stalin.

A sidestep to Germany with Mendelssohn, which feels much safer. That’s better.

4 Likes

To be quite honest Martin, I don’t think it matters much. I mean, they’re not Dire Straits, are they? :rofl: Most of the vinyl I’ve got is first press because I bought it at the time. If you can get the originals in good condition, I would go for them, as they’re just nicer to have.

4 Likes

Big Town Playboys - Roll The Dice
Lisa Mills guests on 4 tracks, along with many other superstars.

5 Likes

Hi Tony

Regarding the new Grundman/Guthrie master as Kev says in his post its pretty decent. I never expected it to match my 1st press and it is certainly better in mono than the 1988 UK Fame reissue I also have a copy released for Record Store Day: 2018 unopened.

Strange thing is ‘Piper’ is not my favourite PF album.

6 Likes

Catfish Keith - Land of the Sky

4 Likes

Agree with @TheKevster … originals do seem pricey on Discogs though?
I am in the same boat with CD’s mostly so thinking of picking up a couple from these guys

Will also go for ‘splatter vinyl’ Dragnet out in a few weeks …

2 Likes

Hendrix Re-Experienced 1975 (Dutch version)

5 Likes

Yes I would like a few originals for that reason. A few would do and I would be content having the rest on CD. I will let you know if I get any.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I will have a look. I would like a few originals though, just to have, if the cost is acceptable!

1 Like

Héctor Anchondo - Let Loose Those Chains

1 Like

Gregory Isaacs Cool Ruler - The Definitive Collection

6 Likes