What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

4 Likes

Laurie Anderson and Kronos Quartet
Landfall
Beautifully recorded and played.

5 Likes

Brilliant set by Gilles this afternoon. One of life’s great pleasures is listening to Gilles while cooking dinner for family tonight with a beer in hand

6 Likes

Another nice Qobuz hires.

G

21 Likes

Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté - Ali & Toumani.

This gentle album, by two masters of their art, always takes me back to lounging by the pool whilst on holiday, when it was often my choice of sunshiney music. :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Can’t touch this, it’s Zimmer time.

10 Likes

22 Likes

Randy Weston - Blue Moses

By track 2 this album is really into the groove.

Billy Cobham and Ron Carter on board as well as artists listed on front sleeve. Randy Weston plays electric piano.

3 Likes

Stephen Marley session…

Mind Control - (Tuff Gong/Ghetto Youths)

And the absolute stone cold modern roots rock reggae classic

Revelation - The Root Of Life Pt1 (Tuff Gong/Ghetto Youths)

(Pity Pt2 was a bit of a dissapointment, too much rap/hip hop. Both the above are great albums though)

:heart:

1 Like

Not heard that one, will check it out. I have African Cookbook which is really good
:+1:

1 Like

Yes I have African Cookbook. This is from 1972 on the brilliant CTI label.

1 Like

Andy Summers and Robert Fripp I Advance Masked
Guitar and synths. Why? I’d played King Crimson earlier, so I thought I’d listen to some recent stuff. I’ve spent the day dog walking and dog sitting. An enjoyable album.

7 Likes

Also the follow up ‘Bewitched’ which is worth buying just for the back cover showing Fripp laughing - got to be a one off.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance - Hope in The Highlands: Recorded Live From Dunvarlich

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… closing out the day with Foy and this 22 track album released in December 2020 after a live video stream event and Foy is sounding mighty fine!

4 Likes

Goddammit the worst thing about aging is losing people. Just back from the match to find a mate I’ve known since 15 has passed suddenly. Playing his fave album - set the controls old friend.

32 Likes

Parasol Peak, Manu Delago, love this atmospheric album.

1 Like

Lot of respect for the lad since his early 90’s Kiss FM days in London. Got quite a few of his (extensive) discography, bridging a bunch of genres.

1 Like

2 Likes

Somi | Zenzile: The Reimagination of Miriam Makeba | 2022
My curiosity was piqued by others here in recent days, thanks for that, so I took a punt and have been enjoying it muchly.

10 Likes

1966 - The Byrds // Fifth Dimension

20 Likes