What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Florence and the machine, How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful. This is the first evening I’ve played the NDS since getting my new tonearm over a month ago. It does sound very good. This album takes me back to a big family holiday in Ontario, Canada, 2017, to a lake house we took on a lake called Bob’s Lake. To my surprise it had a wonderful stereo with some lovely speakers… I can’t remember the name but I think they were british and I think they were named after a bird. Anyway they played this album fabulously and when I listen to it I will always be transported

back to that wonderful holiday on Bob’s Lake!

7 Likes

Now time to tickle the funny bone … Who Is It…? Cheech & Chong first on A&M vinyl. Played so much the grooves on a couple seem non-existent. Sure it will seem puerile heard cold now but brings back many happy memories. Cant believe Dave is only 1:30 long - seemed to go on for ages back in the day.

8 Likes

David Bowie, hunky dory. :relaxed:

32 Likes

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - The Wall

David Gilmour (Clavinet, Baritone Guitar, Bass Guitar, Pedal Steel, Sequencers, Special Effects, Synthesizer, Vocals), Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals), Nick Mason (Drums, Percussion) and Richard Wright (Bass Pedals, Clavinet, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… as the world turns, I’m just relaxing on this Saturday afternoon with Pink Floyd and they are sounding mighty fine!

37 Likes

Wayne Shorter Speak No Evil / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349900127

16 Likes

Dave’s not here man…and many other happy memories…many fueled by similar to that used by Ch & Ch.

2 Likes

17 Likes

A1Qqsd17A6L.SS500
Dr. John - The Sun, Moon & Herbs.

19 Likes

5 Likes

Supernature - Goldfrapp in 5.1 DTS

14 Likes

Fine taste you have there, Seakayaker.
Meanwhile, if envy could kill, i would be dead:
Woodstock, hum?

Sh*!

Did you wait for monday morning, for the Experience? ( those endless delays)

17 Likes

It’s always magical when Abbey Lincoln’s on the stereo:

12 Likes

16 Likes

Enigma

8 Likes

Sometymes Why, your heart is a glorious machine. Thank you @AndyP! Beautiful indeed. :blush:

2 Likes

A great album, years ahead of its time.
The wonderful
Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band.

Lennon, Ringo and Klaus Voorman POB, then Ornette, Charlie Haden and Ed Blackwell on one track. Masterpiece.

US Apple, Bell Sound/Winchester pressing
which sounds fab.

2 Likes

It’s not just The Dame who has a birthday today: The King would have been 87 today…

12 Likes

Melissa sounding stunning

5 Likes

Lets make a dope deal.

2 Likes

Antonio Forcione touch wood / 2003 naim / Austria CD / naimcd069

11 Likes