What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks Dread.

Yes, I have the VP/17 on vinyl as a 2LP. I actually preferred the Blood & Fire CD. I’ll dig out the vinyl VP and see if that’s still the case on my current deck.

1 Like

Where is Brooklyn? - Don Cherry

Or how to start Saturday morning in a blizzard of freestyle skronk & screech.

5 Likes

What about Shaken not Stirred!

Phil

1 Like

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

Lots of great songs and singing on this album. Possibly my favourite EJ Album.

Phil

16 Likes

Bruce Springsteens excellent Ghost of Tom Joad

14 Likes

Midlake
The Trials of Van Occupanther

Always wonderful…

11 Likes

American lover of Pink Floyd…I have to admit that after listening to every single pink floyd album/song 100 times…The Final Cut has always been my favorite.

When they released the new vinyls in 2016 I got them all, and The Final Cut was the cleanest, and had no noise floor at all. One of the best Vinyl listens I’ve ever sat down to.

7 Likes

Time Waits/The Amazing Bud Powell
Lovely stuff.

5 Likes

EG Kight - Southern Comfort

1 Like

Now plying with Jeff-

11 Likes

My last for the day/night Bowie Low

22 Likes

Goldie and James Davidson trading under the Subjective moniker.

More in the lounge than club house music (very little drum and bass in sight), with lots of filmic orchestral flourishes and twinkly ambient moments.

2 Likes

John Mayer. Probably my favourite current musician. This is also probably his best album.

download (4)

12 Likes

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin’, in the excellent xrcd24 format.

18 Likes

That’s a nice set Kev. I was a big Sabbath fan back in the day. I went to see them in Liverpool, around 1975 ish, I can’t remember exactly. As I was so young my mother insisted that my sister went too to look after me, which she didn’t mind as she likes her rock too.

I had all their early albums up to Technical Ecstasy (and a few others), but mysteriously some of them are now lost, which is rather annoying. They were all very early pressings if not first pressings.

3 Likes

VP vinyl can be quite hit and miss but the 2017 3CD I cant recomend highly enough.
VP took over the B&F catalogue and have been re issuing their remasters with different sleeves. I’m pretty sure the international mix on the VP is from the B&F remaster but you also get the original JA mix plus 12" mixes, dubs etc.
You can pick it up quite inexpensively still I think.

:heart:

2 Likes

Thanks Dread, I think I’ll be making a CD purchase. Looks like plenty of essential extras there, too.

I’m just playing the VP vinyl now.

5 Likes

The Beatles - Sgt Pepper 50th Anniversary edition, giving the recent remix and outtakes another spin.

24 Likes

I really dont think you would be dissapointed, I have the B&F 2LP re issue from way back when but the 3CD VP really is superb.
I’m curious, how does your VP vinyl sound? Like I said they can be very hit or miss.

First listen to this on vinyl whilst waiting for the current bun to swing around into the garden.

Jackie McLean - Destination…Out! (Blue Note Classic Series)

Thanks @Clive @Isca_Dumnoniorum for convincing me to whip out my flexible friend, you were right guys!
Listening with a brand new cart but with a relatively humble Rega Fono on loan whilst waiting for my new Supercap/HCDR to arrive.

:heart:

11 Likes