What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

5 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

No I did not get to see Jimi… I made it down towards the front of the stage for Country Joe and the Fish and Ten Years After. The field was a mess… I saw bits and pieces of other bands over the weekend and spent time outside of the festival area in town and along the road looking for food and drink and interacting with others and absorbing the experience of just being there. People were selling hot dogs and burgers from their front yard while cooking on their charcoal grills. Picked up some beer at a local bar. Swapped a beer for a wooden beaded necklace from another person along the road. It was an experience just being there, slept on the ground one night, another let me sleep on the hood of their car for awhile on another night, on my last night there a couple let me sleep in the front seat of their car. It was and adventure for a 17 year old…

In August the following year I was in boot camp at Paris Island having enlisted for a four year tour. Off for another adventure…

7 Likes

3 Likes

Now playing…

Brandi Carlile - In These Silent Days

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Brandi’s release from this past February and she is sounding sublime!

12 Likes

Thanks seakayaker! New to me and indeed sublime sounding!

CD - fontana : )

<<>>

Miles Davis – trumpet
Barney Wilen – tenor saxophone
René Urtreger – piano
Pierre Michelot – bass
Kenny Clarke – drums

Recordings from Le Poste Parisien, Paris. December 1957

<<>>

Kenny Clarke was born on this day in 1914

born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania :us:

Kenneth Clarke Spearman 1914-1985

<<>>

I’m going to watch this film again very soon, sensational atmospheric mood music that perfectly compliments a fabulously portrayed film.

Only wish they’d got away with it…

19 Likes

Bit of late night low volume drifty-psych stuff:
Kigaku Moyo Masana Temples

7 Likes

The Delines, Colfax.
Last moments and drink of late night listening session before returning to work on Monday.
Can’t wait to see them live next month. Amazing story telling, music with heart and atmosphere.

17 Likes

Beverly Kenney, sings with Jimmy Jones. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Beverly Kenney, come swing with me. :relaxed:

51jmMHaDZaL

2 Likes

Beverly Kenny, sings for Johnny Smith. Her debut album in 1955. Just realised I played her albums in reverse chronological order. Wonderful in any order. :wink:

3 Likes

Album cover photo shot in Sniffen Court, NYC.

I discovered this only a couple of weeks ago, and am keen to flaunt my new knowledge. (Never knew it was there, otherwiseI would have visited years ago,)

And what a great (and underrated) album. I have just bought brand new copies of all Doors studio albums, in preparation for my shortly to be rebuilt LP12 with a new Dynavector cartridge on board.

4 Likes

To start the day…

Bob Dylan and Friends - 1993 The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration

14 Likes

Sun pouring in through the window. Coffee in hand and this on the stereo.

13 Likes

I always loved to ear ( and share) the stories ( adventures). Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

There’s a Facebook group that uploads cherished C90 recordings of the Friday Rock show from the late 70s and 80s. Tommy Vance at his very best. Wonderful memories…especially the iconic Dixie Dregs intro music…Take it off the Top (I think :thinking:)

3 Likes

8 Likes