What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Well Mr Painter it seems we may have some similar tastes in music - I notice quite a lot of what you seem to like I do to!

Which is great because I thought I’d be the only one on here that likes what I do!

So it’s nice to know I’m not totally alone :smile: especially when it comes to our Gary as we say over here as I gather you’re on the other side of the world - but then so is he now - sort of!
:+1:

1 Like

Lee Scratch Perry Rainford

8 Likes

Been listening to some music with Hawkwind connections

3 Likes

Oddly enough I was never a huge fan of Mr Numan, always found his work a little cold. But I’ve changed my mind. Cheers. :+1:

1 Like

Angie McMahon Salt

7 Likes

I think at the beginning that was what he wanted and how he felt - he then tried too hard for acceptance and popularity before going back to a certain extent on his more recent material. I did get to meet him in 1983 and he was a bit of an ………… but then I think he was just trying to be the “rockstar” his autobiography landed on my doorstep today in softback form so I might just start reading through it in a while!

2 Likes

Don’t forget this one Numan posse …

7 Likes

Must admit I sometimes do - don’t know why - it’s one of his best but I never seem to listen to it much - I think I’ll rectify that straight away……
thanks
Remember actually taking it to a dem in Sheffield - at 6trees - spent a few hours just talking to the guy doing the dem just about that album - turned out he was a big fan too……

1 Like

Angus Stone Broken Lights

6 Likes

James Taylor, Gaia. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Josh Pyke To Find Happiness

1 Like

I had to go and look her up. :flushed:

1 Like

Ronny Jordan the quiet revolution / 1993 Island / France CD / CID80095182542

5 Likes

Jan Garbarek - Paths, Prints - 1982

Kicking the week off with some Norwegian sax, and why not.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Roy Hargrove The Vibe / 1992 Novus / Germany CD / PD90668

Roy Hargrove Trumpet
Marc Cary Piano
Bradford Marsalis Tenor Saxophone
Antonio Hart Tenor Saxophone
David Newman Tenor Saxophone
Frank Lacy Trombone
Rodney Whitaker Bass
Gregory Hutchinson Drums

6 Likes

Sade - Diamond Life

29 Likes

Miles Davis - In a Silent away

Playing the version on the server rather than trying the LP since my head is still full of COVID snot.

15 Likes

Alabama 3. La Peste. Excellent second album.
Couldn’t find it on streaming so had to get off my backside to fire CD player up.

8 Likes

18 Likes