What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

It’s A Beautiful Day | 1969
Quintessential early Bay Area psychedelic rock, a wonderful eponymous debut album that always gets a run out here when the first sunny warm day of the year eventually arrives. I’ve loved and played this one since it was first released, sadly (for me) it was their only album of note but what a great one it was.

9 Likes

Old Crow Medicine Show – 50 Years Of Blonde On Blonde
CD rip | 2017

3 Likes

Good to see someone else playing them @Miky8 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

51 year old untitled album from a band most of the youngsters I work with have never heard of. My copy has to be 45 years old.

35 Likes

Good band there @johnt, I’m sure you will know them but if you haven’t, try their Black Cat Oil and Cabbagetown albums.

1 Like

And I bet sounds better now than when you bought it

Can’t beat the classics!

It does, my system is a bit better.

Just a little - did you ever think you’d still be listening to it today?

Not sure, good question. I do remember hearing Black Dog for the first time in about 73. Didn’t know what it was, it was a WTF moment. Still think it could be their best track.

1 Like

With you on that - I remember a lad bringing his elder brothers Deep Purple album into a music class at school - out went Abba and in came…

3 Likes

@PaulDavies This is actually the only PB album I have Paul, will have to investigate the ones you mention.

Desire - Bob SACD 2ch.

21 Likes

Hang on, you posted Zep IV up after this? :smiley:

1 Like

It’s on nice blue vinyl, has a great tracklist and was free, so I’m not complaining. Sounds OK too.

5 Likes

I thought I might get some stick but there is some good stuff on the JB album.

1 Like

I’ll have to whisper this, there is a CD copy in my house :mask:

1 Like

Quicksilver Messenger Service | Happy Trails | 1969
Sticking with that San Fransisco psychedelic sound and this great old album.

13 Likes

I second, third and fourth that! :+1:

1 Like

Bob Dylan, The Freewheelin’. Vinyl.

18 Likes

UK first press from 2010. Frapptastic!

14 Likes