What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now that I have access to my CDs, some Aretha to celebrate her bday. Thanks @Debs

Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now
CD|1968

18 Likes

Nashville skyline. Incredible album but still don’t understand why Self Portrait was dismissed. It’s actually the Dylan album I play the most.

2 Likes

folder

3 Likes

John McLaughlin - ‘Johnny McLaughlin Electric Guitarist’ (1978). I only acquired and started listening to this album a few years ago having been familiar with the album which precedes it ‘Inner Worlds’ (1976) and the album which follows it ‘Electric Dreams’ (1979) since back in the day. It turns out to be tuneful and light fusion, more jazz than rock and more of a ‘solo’ album than the others. It fills that gap between the fusion of the Mahavishnu Orchestra and the softer fusion of the shortlived ‘One Truth Band’. Enjoyable stuff.

8 Likes

Wish No 1 was of this quality recording wise imho

7 Likes

71N8M3oQ+1L.SS500
Weather Report, the eponymous debut.

15 Likes

A new EP from Robocobra Quartet.

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy - Tidal 16/44
Reg and Bernie wrote a lot of great songs, and this album is packed with them, not immediate crowd-pleasers, but a wonderfully structured album, it tells the story of their struggles to make it in the music industry in a set of excellent songs. Superbly performed by Elton and a top band, it’s an album that keeps on giving pleasure. Happy Birthday Elton.

21 Likes

A great track.

1 Like

Their best track?

Same here Paul - saw him only once here in Sydney in mid 80’s or thereabouts

He wouldn’t come out on stage for 15 minutes whilst his band kept playing intro as cameras in front row

When he did come out he turned his back on audience for entire concert

And it was a bad one

Very disappointed and I’m basically a fan although his latest stuff is pretty crap

1 Like

A happy start to a busy day packing, Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour

15 Likes

The Kinks - The Singles - Tidal 16/44
One of the few great singles bands that also created great albums, the songwriting brilliance of Ray Davies gives us quirky songs and beautiful ballads, with a superb band. Today I’m struck again how Dave’s guitar work on Waterloo Sunset is beautifully sensitive, and Ray’s vocals work perfectly with the lead. One of the great pop-rock/rock bands.

16 Likes

Bob Dylan, the freewheelin’. My fav Bob Dylan album. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Aretha Franklin, Aretha Now. Joining @patk on this one. Great suggestion. :relaxed:

18 Likes

Yello, Flag (remaster), cd rip

Another Asset Random selection… Just not sounding as good through the little MuSo compared to last time I played it with the ATC speakers :frowning:

17 Likes

Going to be a day of Foo Fighters I think. Rest in peace Taylor, we’ll keep things noisy here for you xx

14 Likes

More Aretha … … … tonight, Beeb 2 at 19.30 … … …A chance to hear admirers, including Elton John, Gloria Estefan, Smokey Robinson, PM Dawn, Bonnie Raitt and Rod Stewart sharing a stage with the Queen of Soul herself.

The concert took place at New York City’s Neederlander Theatre in 1993, as an AIDS benefit. Elton, Smokey and Rod provide backing vocals on the first number Chain of Fools.

Nice one, Beeb.

11 Likes

2 x LP - Music On Vinyl 2012 reissue : )

<>

Jeff Lynne – lead and backing vocals, lead, rhythm and slide guitars Gibson EDS-1275, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson Marauder, Ovation 1615/4, Ovation 1619/4, Wurlitzer electric piano, Minimoog
Bev Bevan – Slingerland drums, Remo Rototoms, Avedis Zildjian cymbals, Slingerland Bev Bevan drumsticks, Remo drumheads, gong, various percussion instruments, backing vocals, fire extinguisher on “Mr. Blue Sky”
Richard Tandy – Yamaha C7B piano, Yamaha CS-80, Wurlitzer electric piano, ARP 2600, Minimoog, Polymoog, ARP Omni, ARP Odyssey, Hohner clavinet, SLM Concert Spectrum, Mellotron M400, sequencers, Gibson SG Custom electric guitar
Kelly Groucutt – harmony and backing vocals, Gibson G3 bass guitar, percussion
Mik Kaminski – violin
Hugh McDowell – cello
Melvyn Gale – cello, jangle piano on “Wild West Hero”

Recordings from Musicland Studios, Munich. May - August 1977

<<>>

Happy Birthday Richard Tandy! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 26 March 1948 in Birmingham :uk:

22 Likes

Flux + Mutability - Sylvian-Czukay - 1989

9 Likes