What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Bob Dylan, Self Portrait. Vinyl. @igahman inspired me to listen to this underrated album.

11 Likes

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - A Night in Tunisia

Some fine drumming on this album, as you might expect.

17 Likes

Very good!

Taste - On The Boards.

12 Likes

Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express - 1977

21 Likes

Foo Fighters Skin And Bones / 2006 Roswell Records/ US CD / RCA82876888572

Thought I should play this first today, RIP Taylor Hawkins.

12 Likes

Yesterday’s delivery getting a spin, gorgeous day.

19 Likes

Muddy Waters - Folk Singer

21 Likes

41Ac+oVYbYL.AC
Wings - London Town.

12 Likes

On CD:-

The Beethoven piano Trios from this set

8 Likes

1993 - Cypress Hill // Black Sunday

7 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

Great album, Rory at his best, check out the remastered version on ’ I’ll Remember ’ a 4 disc Taste issue from 2015.

2 Likes

Really enjoying this first listen to Ill Considered Liminal Space

One of the best new UK improvised “Jazz” sets Ive heard in a while, some great suppoorting musicians collaborating on this including Theon Cross whos new solo album (Intra-I) I found dissapointing but making up for it here.
Thanks to @BlueCanary for drawing my attention to Ill Considered during conversations

Ill Considered - Liminal Space

Blue-noted jazz modulators Ill Considered here present their irst fully produced studio album on New Soil - ‘Liminal Space’. After releasing a whopping 9 self-released albums in the space of 2 years, this is their first studio-crafted LP following their step up to the label, and are soon set to show it off at a debut interactive A/V residency at Southbank Centre’s Purcell Room. Fresh with a new lineup, the noodling bass of Liran Donin courses the ears like velvet on ‘Dust’, while Dadaist freakouts, courtesy of Emre Ramazanoglu’s drums, cause anxious goosebumps on reaching ‘Light Trailed’

ILL CONSIDERED

ILL CONSIDERED

Ill considered are a band comprising of musicians interacting with each other to create freely improvised music, based loosely around simple pre-written themes or composed on the spot. Deep grooves and plaintive melodies ranging from whispered…

:heart:

3 Likes

Little find courtesy of in and out visit to Jersey yesterday and poking my head in SeedeeJons.

4 Likes

Kelly Joe Phelps - Lead Me On

4 Likes

1989 - RHCP // Mother’s Milk

8 Likes

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions.

27 Likes

Making the most of the current bun in the roots garden again…
Chilling with Protoje’s fine latest
In Search Of Lost Time (Deluxe) (Tidal Master)

Despite being released in 2020 after signing with RCA this album remains puzzlingly digital only, apart from a frustratingly and ridiculous limited 300 only vinyl run that quickly evaporated. Deserves a proper physical release, whats going on RCA?

:heart:

2 Likes

RIP Taylor Hawkins

13 Likes