What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Jon Amor | Unknown Soldier | 2008
Speaking of Jon Amor (and The Hoax) here is an early solo album of his that I haven’t played for quite a while.

2 Likes

5198zBwUeYL.AC
Del Amitri - Can You Do Me Good?

4 Likes

Kandace Springs, don’t need the real thing. Lovely way to start the day down under with this. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Triggered by the earlier post with music from Thad…

6 Likes

The Nightflys, they are all different and good!

27 Likes

Now playing…

Thomas Strønen - Bayou

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Percussion), Ayumi Tanaka (Piano) and Marthe Lea (Clarinet, Vocal, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with this beautiful album released this past April and Thomas, Ayumi and Marthe are sounding sublime! …relaxing and simply beautiful.

7 Likes

Yello - Baby, on first UK pressing. Glorious eccentricity from Boris and Dieter!

16 Likes

I see a very early “target” CD there. I seem to recall some moaning over one of the early CD issues being taken from an analogue copy.

2 Likes

Steely Dan, can’t buy a thrill. Happy birthday Donald Fagan. :birthday:

30 Likes

29 Likes

Genesis - Foxtrot - Tidal 16/44
Possibly my favourite Genesis album, although it does vary depending which of the early albums I’ve most recently listened to. Art-rock prog with beauty and strangeness, and the amazing 22 minute Supper’s Ready.

31 Likes

The drums in the lead…

4 Likes

Sunken Condos - Donald Fagen

19 Likes

Now playing…

Thomas Strønen - Time Is A Blind Guide

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Percussion), Kit Downes (Piano), Håkon Aase (Violin), Ole Morten Vågan (Double Bass), Lucy Railton (Cello), Siv Øyunn Kjenstad (Percussion) and Steinar Mossige (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on with another album from Thomas and this fantastic group of musicians and they are sounding mighty fine! One enjoyable album…

3 Likes

Personally think it is their best.

1 Like

15 Likes

After a bit of banter with @dave-marshall on the Jools Holland thread, there could only be one choice for my next selection

KT Tunstall - Eye To The Telescope, a brilliant debut album.

22 Likes

A brilliant bit of R n B.

4 Likes

7 Likes

1 Like