What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Picked this original 1970 release up this week. Not silly money either and after a couple of goes through the RCM sounds incredible.

23 Likes

4a8a151c-9a80-5a5b-bb1c-d19e42ed6e04.jpg

It’s Friday, and Beeb 4 are bringing us three hours of Status Quo, the three chord wonders.

21.00 : Hello Quo - Alan Parker documentary

“I only know three chords. They’re all you need.” - 45 years, 128 million album sales, 108 Top of the Pops appearances and three chords later, who can argue with that sentiment?

22.20 : Live and Acoustic from The Roundhouse.

23.20 : Quo on TOTP down the years.

I feel a denim clad, three chord evening coming on.

11 Likes

Always enjoyable - not outrageously experimental, but very enjoyable

7 Likes

Shawn Colvin - Cover Girl (1994)
Another internet Radio inspired choice.
New artist to me.

Knocked out by Satin Sheets - love original by Bellamy Brothers - such a cute funny great irreverent song

7 Likes

On newly acquired CD……listening on headline and Beyerdynamic T5 3.

22 Likes

4 Likes

Saw them first on their Ma Kelly’s tour, then on their Dog of Two Heads tour again on the Piledriver tour and worked on part of the one that became the Live double. Always put on a great show.

3 Likes

Glad you finally got a copy now all you have to do is buy a few more of his such as Bloodlines, Human Remains and Salivation. Mind you ssome of the others are great to.

I definitely will look into those. I believe his album, Juarez, is highly regarded too.

1 Like

3 Likes

I must admit that I’ve got several duplicates myself. Don’t tell my wife!

1 Like

Streaming through my daughters XS system while trying to paint her room that she hasn’t emptied :man_shrugging:

21 Likes

On CD:-

Symphony No1 from this Harnoncourt Beethoven box set

5 Likes

Prompted by @dave-marshall 's post

81Ocj726DgL.SS500
Status Quo - Piledriver, just remembering that my first Quo purchase was the “Mean Girl” single, this must have been released after the success of Piledriver?

17 Likes

I’m ready Dave :+1::grinning:

8 Likes

Looks like a first pressing, second issue from the label. Great album. Enjoy it!

1 Like

Thought I’d join in with some live Quo

7 Likes

Norah Jones - Begin Again
CD rip | 2019

15 Likes

And awaaaaay we go!

(Might get LOUD) :rofl:

4 Likes

So, am i Francis or Rick? :grinning: