What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I will join you. :joy:

5 Likes

Now that’s a Quo axe!

2 Likes

Wow, forgot how short P, S, R and T was, so time for another from Simon and Garfunkel

Bookends.

21 Likes

Goldfrapp, tales of us. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Just finished…

Tanita Tikaram - Sentimental

Tanita Tikaram (Piano, Vocals), Giorgio Babbini (Bass Clarinet), Carlo Bombardi (Trombone), Neil Brockbank (Bass Guitar), Mark Creswell (Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar), Alessandro Culiani (Cello), Alberto DeStefani (Violin), Di Marzio, Laura (Violin), Steve Donnelly (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Giannarelli Giordano (Accordion), Simone Grizzi (|Violin), Nick Lowe (Vocals), Alessandro Mara (Violin), Matteo Metalli (Violin), Cristiano Pulin (Violin), Matt Radford (Bass), Carmine Rizzi (Violin), Daniela Ronconi (Celeste, Organ, Piano, Electric Piano, Tambourine, Vibraphone, Vocals), Daniele Rossoli (French Horn), Raoul Ruffilli (Flute), Robert Trehern (Drums, Vocals), Giusepe Zanca (Flicorno) and Aldo Maria Zangheri (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I took Tanita out of spin and she and the band sounded sublime! One very enjoyable album…

Now playing…

Some Strange Country - Cooked Still

Sarah Jarosz (Vocals), Aoife O’Donovan (Guitar, Hammond B3, Lyricist, Piano, Vocals), Tristan Clarridge (Cello), Corey DiMario (Double Bass, Tenor Guitar), Gregory Liszt (Banjo), Tim O’Brien (Vocals), Ricky Skaggs (Vocals) and Annalisa Tornfelt (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @patk above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the band is sounding sublime! Enjoying this one…

9 Likes

Emmylou Harris, roses in the snow. :cowboy_hat_face:

14 Likes

Natalie Merchant - The House Carpenter’s Daughter
CD rip | 2003

16 Likes

51x3ROE6PDL.AC
Ry Cooder - I, Flathead, this is my favourite of his “concept/story” albums.

12 Likes

Bob Dylan, the freewheelin’ Bob Dylan. :relaxed:

15 Likes

It’s a wonderful album that seems to be ignored by the majority.

1 Like

Lisa Mills, I am changing. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Indeed, probably sums up much of my musical interest.

1 Like

1969 - FM // Blues Jam In Chicago

8 Likes

22 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Don Grolnick Medianoche / 2008 Pony Canyon / Japan CD / PCCY50048

Don Grolnick Piano
Michael Brecker Tenor Saxophone
Mike Mainieri Vibraphone
Dave Valentin Flute
Andy Gonzalez Bass
Don Alias Timbales, Percussion
Steve Berrios Bongos, Drums, Percussion
Milton Cardona Congas, Percussion

2 Likes

Last night, Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

A wonderful, mixed, variety of, to my mind, unclassifiable songs.

I imagine somewhere in a Nasa database of music that could be played on the International Space Station or similar, is an entry which reads:

Popular songs, for the use of

Waits, T, Rain Dogs

Category error

7 Likes

A selection of music that I listened to this evening, all of which I consider to be exceptional for fans of Experimental/Post Metal. From left to right:

1. Fall of Efrafa - Elil (2007) :england:
  2. Night Verses - From the Gallery of Sleep (2018) :us:
  3. Sigh - In Somniphobia (2012) :jp:

@VinoVeritas I’m glad that you were entertained by the ‘Diablo Swing Orchestra’. When you have the opportunity, I would highly recommend ‘Panopticon - Kentucky’ because it ‘literally’ blew my mind. In a similar vein, ‘Fall of Efrafa - Elil’ has the potential to rip your soul apart and… :relaxed:

2 Likes

From 1976 the top 10 US chart album from Gary Wright who was a member of Spooky Tooth and worked with George Harrison on ‘All Things Must Pass’.

Gary Wright - The Dream Weaver

9 Likes