What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Miles Davis Kind of Blue / 2016 Columbia / 2 CD Edition / Germany CD / 88985363572

Playing the excellent Disc 2

2-1 On Green Dolphin Street 9:48
2-2 Fran-Dance 5:48
2-3 Stella By Starlight 4:43
2-4 Love For Sale 11:46
2-5 Fran-Dance (Alternate Take) 5:51
2-6 So What 17:28

23 Likes

Spicing things up with this jazzy afrobeat with hip-hop undercurrent from two nice London boys - Blue Lab Beats. New album on Blue Note due out in Feb duly pre-ordered.

5 Likes

Seinabo Sey - Pretend

2 Likes

15 Likes

LP1 from this box set… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

23 Likes

Fleet Foxes - Mykonos

10 Likes

Early Porcupine Tree - On The Sunday Of Life.
On Kscope orange vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Nice solid rock music

9 Likes

There is much to discover in the Tom Verlaine solo catalogue. This The Wonder from 1990 is very nice indeed.

7 Likes

Artist: Daniel Lanois
Album: Heavy Sun
Vinyl: Ruby Translucent Inside Opaque Orchid, 180g
Style: Soul, Gospel, Ambient

“Heavy Sun fuses classic gospel and modern electronics to create a sound that’s both familiar yet unexpected.” - Gerry Young / Spill Magazine

11 Likes

John Martyn. Old Vinyl, still sounds good.

20 Likes

Radiohead - 1997 OK Computer

FLAC 96kHz 24bit version sounding strong.

18 Likes

Willie Nelson, First Rose Of Spring. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Dana Fuchs - Love Lives On

Dana Fuchs (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Jack Daley (Bass), Jon Diamond (Acoustic Guitar, Electric guitar, Harmonica), Marc Franklin (Horn), Felix Hernandez (Congas), Charles Hodges (Organ), Eric Lewis (Mandolin), Susan Marshall (Vocals), [Glenn Patscha (Piano, Wurlitzer), Steve Potts (Drums) and Reba Russell (Vocals), Kirk Smothers (Horn).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking of this morning with Dana, a mention from @johnt above spured me to reach for one of her albums, and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

6 Likes

Amusing coincidence, part of my misspent youth was working with a travelling fair, I posted about it before. Stack of Trojan 7’s on an auto changer suspended from bunji chords, Johnny Nash and Lt Pigeon - Mouldy Old Dough! :joy:
:heart:

Singer and musical instrument maker (for Joni Mitchell and David Crosby)

Laura Allan - Reflections

4 Likes

Zazu - Rosie Vela

11 Likes

Now playing…

Lisa Mills - The Triangle

Lisa Mills (Guitar, Vocals), Fred Mollin (Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), Clayton Ivey (Keyboards), Bob Wray (Bass), John Willis (Electric Guitar), Justin Holder (Drums, Percussion), Lester Snell (Keyboards), Leroy Hodges (Bass), Michael Toles (Electric Guitar), Steve Potts (Drums, Percussion), Reverend Charles Hodges (Hammond B3 organ), Sam Brady (Keyboards), Mike Thorn (Bass), Brennan White (Electric Guitar), George Lawrence (Drums and Percussion) Horns on the album were arranged by Jim Hoke (Saxophones) and Steve Herman (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Lisa and she and the three groups of musicians, Muscle Shoals, Jackson and Memphis, are sounding sweet! One very fine album, perhaps my favorite from Lisa…

10 Likes

Just arrived today, so first play

91ouLIQGxTL.SS500
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Breathe, as mentioned in the thread previously, a sister album to All In My Mind and of similar quality. Thanks again @Dreadatthecontrols for the heads up :+1:.

6 Likes

Neill. You are right two excellent albums. I got rather obsessed with them a couple of years again. In fact your reminder has got me obsessed again. :crazy_face:

2 Likes