What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble - The Sky Is Crying

22 Likes

Blue Lab Beats, Kaidi & Nk-Ok - The Sounds Of Afrotronica (Tidal)

Streaming in the cab, new to me, as recently posted by @BlueCanary
Blowing over programmed beats and electronics, funky, uplifting with a nice sunshine groove. In fact whilst listening to Bloom the fog and gloomy greyness gave way to a clear blue sky and sunshine. Just what the doctor ordered!
Not a physical release as far as I can see.

Hey BC) you recently posted a new record which you compared to Gil Scott Heron, can you remember what it was?
Cheers
:heart:

4 Likes

That cover looks unexpectedly familiar - and the track titles ring bells too, might have actually had that album in the past…

1 Like

Flaming Lips. The Soft Bulletin.
Quite enjoying this album from ‘66.
Oh no :scream: I’ve done it again :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

It Wasnt Me - Shaggy
download.jpeg

It’s my Party - Lesley Gore
220px-Lesley_Gore_-_It's_My_Party

Go Now - Moody Blues

:fu:

9 Likes

Milt Jackson & Ray Charles - Soul Brothers

13 Likes

Not a great fan of Greatest Hits albums but this one is an exception. Featuring Just The Two Of Us, Soul Shadows & Lovely Day, Bill’s smooth soul voice, mellow grooves, and gospel accents are just sublime.

14 Likes

18 Likes

The track ‘Taiko dub’ on the Roon hifi joyride playlist caught my ear so giving the full album a listen, interesting meld of japanese percussion.

3 Likes

Billy Cobham - Spectrum

The star of this album is Tommy Bolin - the first track Quadrant 4 just when you think Tommy has shredded the guitar to pieces he takes it to another level.

Ken Scott engineers and mixes.

16 Likes

Part Time Audiophile - The Occasional Podcast, interview with Naim’s very own Steve Sells. Thanks to @MrUnderhill for highlighting this. Fascinating stuff, plus interesting observations from one of the hosts re the Nait2.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful voice. Gretchen Parlato.

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiration. Just played it as well - it’s a great album that holds up well even after 45 years. UK pressing bought second hand some years ago and still in excellent condition.

1 Like

Hi Dread twas this beauty. Poet Anthony Joseph with music by Jason Yarde, Shabaka and others. Enjoy.

4 Likes

The Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks

I couldn’t stand this when it was released as I was still very much into Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd etc. and it felt as though this represented the destruction of all that I found musical. It wasn’t until about 20 years later that I accepted it and found it was actually quite fun.

Track 4 seems strangely appropriate just now.

17 Likes

Yes! Thanks!
:heart:

15 Likes

Just played… Awesome… :astonished:

7 Likes

Ben Waters - Boogie 4 Stu, A Tribute To Ian Stewart
Band members include Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts, Jools Holland, PJ Harvey and others, that’s some lineup.

5 Likes