What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Goldfrapp | Felt Mountain | 2000
Joining in with some of the 'Frappage love with their wonderful turn of the century debut that remains my favourite until I play Tales of Us.

18 Likes

The Georgia Thunderbolts – Can We Get a Witness

Can anyone else relate to the feeling that, every once in a while, you just have to stop and listen to some classic rock, yet there isn’t anything new because we don’t live in the ’70s? Well fear not!

If you need that sweet southern American rock style with a hint of a modern flare, this is an album to check out!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Vocalion Dutton’s excellent SACD of one of my very favourite Herbie albums, Sextant.

12 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Blue & Lonesome.

23 Likes

Yes Highlights - The Very Best of Yes / 1993 Atlantic / US CD / 7825172

6 Likes

Now playing…

Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises

Pharoah Sanders (Tenor Saxophone, Voices), Floating Points (Arp 2600, Buchel, Celeste, Composer, Electronics, Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Harpsichord, Keyboards, Mixing, Oberheim Synthesizer, Ob Xa, Piano, Primary Artist, Saxophone, Solina, String Ensemble, Strings, Synthesizer) and
London Symphony Orchestra.

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Friday with this fabulous album and it is sounding sublime!

13 Likes

Small Faces. The Autumn stone.
Big fan so can’t understand why didn’t buy this on release. Possibly because band split before release.
Compilation but includes many great non album tracks including one of my favourites “Just passing “ which I had as a single b side.

Thanks to @anon10403888 for the prompt :sunglasses:

11 Likes

s-l1600
Albert Lee - Albert Lee, his second solo album.

8 Likes

It’s the 14th of Jan and tonight is the first time in 2022 I have played some vinyl. Started with this.

I was down at the new Amsterdam staring at a yellow haired girl……

9 Likes

Now playing…

Sting - The Bridge

Sting (Bass, Double Bass, Fretless Bass, Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer, Handclapping, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Laila Biali (Vocals), Gavin Brown (Guitar), Maya Jane Coles (Synthesizer), Josh Freese (Drums), Donal Hodgson (Percussion), Manu Katché (Drums), Martin Kierszenbaum (Drum Programming, Guitar, Handclapping, Keyboards, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass), Tony Lake (Synthesizer), Jo Lawry (Vocals), Branford Marsalis (Saxophone), Dominic Miller (Guitar, Percussion), Melissa Musique (Vocals), Gene Noble (Vocals), Fred Renaudin (Synthesizer), Shaggy (Handclapping), Julian Sutton (Melodeon) and Peter Tickell (Fiddle).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with Sting’s release from this past November and he and the band are sounding mighty fine!

10 Likes

Saw that show too. Thought it really sublime how so many people on stage could make such a subtle sound. It was a quite magical evening. The album is a favourite play too , always guaranteed to relax me in its warm glow.

2 Likes

no Shrewsbury, haven’t been there for years or had a chance to mooch around old tat shops. Already got a house full of it and don’t want anymore :upside_down_face:

The vinyl purchased for £10 each is sort of okay but certainly no bargains.
The best of it came from the 50p bargain bucket albums parked on the pavement outside the shop :grinning:

Enjoying this now, 45rpm 12" single cleaned up like new - got it thrown in for free!

3 Likes

I love it when bands have a name to live up to: incredible String Band, Sensational Alex Harvey Band or the Famous Charisma Label.

Amazing Blondel - Mulgrave Street

5 Likes

23 Likes

Mike Mainieri Wanderlust / 2013 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795850

Mike Mainieri Vibraphone, Marimba
Marcus Miller, Tony Levin Bass
Peter Erskine Drums
Jeremy Steig Flute
Kazumi Watanabe, Steve Khan Guitar
Don Grolnick Keyboards
Warren Bernhardt Piano, Synthesizer
Michael Brecker Saxophone

6 Likes

Following @GeoffC with some vibes and an album we both have in common

Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery - Bags Meets Wes!

12 Likes

London Grammar, if you wait. Thanks @johnt, had a listen and made me go onto London Grammar next. :relaxed:

17 Likes

Nina Simone, little girl blue (1958). Several have mentioned this. It’s time to join in! :relaxed:

14 Likes

I pretty much spent last weekend looping over her albums. Pretty awesome. Glad you enjoy it, too. :blush:

1 Like