What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Bob Dylan. John Wesley Harding.
Remember the excitement when this was released 18 months after B O B . Complete change of direction and last two tracks hint at what’s coming on the next album.

And of course image of Fab Four in the tree trunk.

14 Likes

Oh yes. This is clearing the cobwebs

5 Likes

2nd best album of the 90’s!

18 Likes

Mahler 9 - BPO/Karajan

7 Likes

What’s your first ?

Blue Lines!

1 Like

My first Dylan album back in 1967. Still one of my favourites :notes:

1 Like

Diana Krall - A Night In Paris

20 Likes

Ah, ok, fair enough.

Think I fancy a spin of the Mad Professor vs albums later.

2 Likes

Donald Fagen The Nightfly / 1988 Warner Bros / Japan Gold CD No OBI / 43XD-2003

Follow up play to my adventures to celebrate DF’s birthday earlier this week. Nice vocal on this copy!

24 Likes

Culture - Baldhead Bridge (Rocky One)

The follow up and recorded around the same time at Joe Gibbs studio to Two Sevens Clash. Although Two Sevens often gets the accolades this one seems to get a bit overlooked but its equally as good in my view with a bit of a brighter vibe than its apocalyptic predecessor.
Love the wordplay on the title track adapting the nursery rhyme London Bridge Is Burning Down into a righteous Rastafari revolutionary mashing down of Babylon.

This is the Rocky One (Rocky Gibbs, Joe Gibbs son) US re-issue of the album from many moons back, sounds good on a clean pressing

:heart:

8 Likes

Such a great live album

13 Likes

That’s Abbey!

16 Likes

The amount of bass, dynamics and punch that come out of n-SAT speakers is quite outstanding and this album/track shows just how capable/good they really are. They need a SUB? You must be bloody joking!:smiley:

14 Likes

719StsAOvXS.SS500
John Mayer - Sob Rock.

8 Likes

Elvis Costello & The Imposters - The Boy Named If

11 Likes

Donald Fagen - 2006 Morph the Cat

16 Likes

You can only follow That’s Him with this (on a superb Craft Recordings vinyl reissue)…

13 Likes

Aswad - Showcase (Grove Music 1981)

The Lions Of Ladbroke Grove superlative showcase album. Great musicianship and musicality on these lovely extended slices of UK Roots still powerfully relevant to our times.
Back To Africa, Three Babylon, Its Not Our Wish, Rainbow Culture, Babylon and of course the awesome & mighty Warrior Charge

:heart:

6 Likes

Herbie Hancock Inventions & Dimensions
2019 Blue Note / Japan UHQCD / Limited edition / UCCQ9444

12 Likes