What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Last one as I head out to the match

81nF7-CMKiL.SS500
Perfecto All Stars - Reach Out ( Papa’s Got a Brand New Pigbag ), this will get me in the mood as i don the long-johns in readyness for a cold afternoon.

5 Likes

Mahler 5 - BPO / Karajan

6 Likes

Black Slate - Amigo/Black Slate Rock (Ensign 12")

Another great UK Roots Reggae Band that criminally didnt seem to get the overground success of their peers like Aswad, Steel Pulse etc
I just LOVE this tune which was a sizeable hit on the pop charts. An irresistible Disco/Pop/Reggae fusion that was everywhere in 1980 with a Rastafari inspired rallying call for friendship love & unity.
Always makes me feel good, heartical and uplifting

:heart:

3 Likes

Barcodes or The Boro’?

The Mighty Boro, Dave , it’s against Reading and I am very wary after their 7-0 stuffing by Fulham midweek, it would be typical Boro to let Reading perform like a Champions league team :grinning:
Cheers

1 Like

I’ll see you at St. James’s next season :rofl::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I don’t like everything on vocalist/composer Michael Mayo’s debut album Bones but there’s no denying his orginality and talent. “About Your Love” is a stunner. CD:

1 Like

Dan Patlansky - Wooden Thoughts

1 Like

Black Slate - Romans / dub / Dub For Romans / dub 2 (Slate 12")

Anyone who frequented an early eighties Jah Shaka session might recall this.
The track Roman’s is on Black Slates Amigo album but Shaka had some truly heavy Dub Plates of it.
Some years back this 12" came out as an RSD special with those thunderous trouser flapping dub plates included.
Play loud, sounds great!

3 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon

15 Likes

On Vinyl:
Roxy Music - Country Life

22 Likes

7 Likes

Their final studio album - don’t play this as much as the others not sure why as it stands up well - trademark syncopated funk only more ambitious enhanced by a huge array of brass, percussion and African instrument guests. Oh and one Johnny Marr. Maybe recording in gay Paree had something to do with it.

14 Likes

Sound n Pressure Story (Reggae Archive Records)

Brilliant compilation of mid nineties UK Digi-Dub, original 12’s are worth a bankers bonus but this comp (and the expanded CD) is superb taken from original master tapes

No compromise just dubwise!

Inspired by the first wave of UK produced Digi Roots and Dub he was hearing at Nick Manasseh’s Roots Rock Reggae sessions at London’s Dingwalls and Jah Shaka dances, reggae lover and club promoter Anthony Cummins got together with friends Adam Holden (Fish), Mark Evans (Suffurah) and Hamish Brown (All Nation Rockers), to see about getting some studio time and trying their hand at creating their own music.
A visit to Youth Sound record shop to get feedback for an early version of “Warm The Nation” gained them a positive response from Tenastelin, Danny Red and MC Ishen. The feedback was such that Mark decided they had to release the tune. Joined by local singer Kenrick Griffith (Versatile Creations), they finished the track and the following Spring, the Sound ‘n’ Pressure label launched with the release of “Warm the Nation” on 12”.
The record was a hit on the underground UK reggae scene and over the next couple of years, the label put out another three equally well received twelve inch singles and had their fifth release recorded and being played on dubplate by Aba Shanti. Unfortunately for reggae fans, in 1995 Anthony decided to put his time and energy into creating and opening his own studio and the label was put on hold with no further releases.
In the intervening years, a whole new generation of fans in the UK and worldwide have discovered those original Sound ‘n’ Pressure records, often paying high prices to secure copies. Finally the music will be readily available again when Reggae Archive Records release their Sound ‘n’ Pressure compilation, ‘Sound ‘n’ Pressure Story, on 11th March 2013.
Remastered from the original master tapes, the music has never sounded better and in addition to the four twelve inches, the album includes both tracks from what would have been the fifth single, (previously an exclusive Aba Shanti dub plate), and an unreleased track Anthony created for a short film…

The LP is out of print but I think the CD & Digital Is still available on Bandcamp

www.reggaearchiverecords.com

3 Likes

Fine taste :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Julie and Brian are always fine:

5 Likes

Especially when their wheels are on fire :sunglasses:

3 Likes

On Vinyl:

2 Likes

War - The Vinyl 1971 - 1975

First dip into this Rhino 50th Anniversary War 5LP set
Starting with World Is A Ghetto sounding really good.
(I was hesitant about this set due to coloured vinyl but if the others in the set are this good I’m a happy chappy!)

11 Likes

£13.99 impulse buy from the HMV bargain bucket this morning. Very good actually. Getting quite fed up of all the £30+ releases which feels like unnecessary cashing in.

2 Likes