What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

More from those Blue Lab Beats boys from their upcoming Blue Note album with none other than Fela Kuti on vocals - how do they do that? Get yer dancing shoes on! Maybe tone down the whistles tho eh lads.

4 Likes

I couldnt live with it for a fortnight! I was getting addicted to headache tablets!

LP - Warner Bros Records Inc 1978 : )

Leo Sayer is the self-titled sixth album by English singer-songwriter Leo Sayer, and released in 1978. The song “I Can’t Stop Loving You (Though I Try)” later became a hit when Phil Collins recorded it in 2002.

11 Likes

Been enjoying the Afrobeat one, that looks bloody good as does all their stuff, disappointing no vinyl though as far as I’ve seen?
:heart:

1 Like

Remember as a kid, The Show Must Go On on TOTP

1 Like

Few light ales…ready for a spot of yodelling

anyone seen my alpine horn?

19 Likes

LP - Reprise Records 1972 : )

My first listen to this 2nd studio album of Ry Cooder, and it’s a good un.

Purchased for £10 inside the old tat shop on Wednesday’s shopping trip. This 50 year old vinyl copy has cleaned up very well, some very light visual scratch marks but on playback nothing but the music shines though in typical full Ry Cooder flavour :smiley: :+1:

29 Likes

Spirit. Clear.
The Eagles eyed among you will have noticed that We have not had that Spirit here since 1969.:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Their stuff does seem to be streamed only. The Blue Note debut is out in early March will be on vinyl. They had a track on the re:imagined compo - bit lacklustre I thought.

1 Like

The O’Jays - Let Me Touch You (1987)

One of those brilliant albums that you keep re-discovering.

5 Likes

Can I get a drink of water?

Anyone seen San Doval?

15 Likes

I havent played that in a while, will have to give it a spin :+1:

3 Likes

cover

5 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Love Daptone
image_0f879a85-9baf-453e-8a6f-dfb76e1736e7_large

4 Likes

14 Likes

Mahler, Symphony no.6, Herbert Von Karajan. With several mentions of Mahler. I couldn’t resist. Tragic in a good way. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Daft Punk Digital Love / 2001 Virgin / 3 Track CD Single / 724389769920

Inspired by @tmb I decided to give this a spin.

9 Likes