What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

4 Likes

1 Like

Nikki Iles Hush / Basho Records / UK CD / SRCD382

3 Likes

Nightwish, imaginaerum. :sunglasses::notes:

7 Likes

Alice Coltrane.
Radio broadcast of one helluva high-energy set…

6 Likes

Lucinda Williams - Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone (Highway 20 Records 3LP)

Dont know a great deal about Lucinda Williams other than Gravel Road. I love this though for its welcome edgy realism and she has something to say.

19 Likes

Beck - Morning Phase

An artist I have been aware of for a while. After hearing the haunting track Morning, decided to give this a go. This really is very good, top drawer recording, a mixture of haunting and melodic compositions with an occasional hint of country thrown in. Recommended!

22 Likes

Goldfrapp, systematic and twist. Playing systematic just because album cover apparently is her own photography work. Sorry, yep that’s how lame I am. But it is Sunday down under! It is only 14m32s long (not bad for 2 tracks only). Supplementing with twist so it is long enough. :relaxed:

Btw, I officially play too much Goldfrapp. My pooches are fast asleep even though I am playing at volume. Maybe not loud enough.

9 Likes

Grace Cummings Storm Queen

4 Likes

Grace Cummings, Refuge Cove. Awesome mention @Pete_the_painter. Joining in starting with her 2019 debut album refuge cove. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Elvis Costello and The Imposter The Boy Named If

11 Likes

LP - CBS/Epic 1984 : )

Happy Birthday Helen Folasade Adu! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

(Better known professionally as Sade) :cake: :yum:

born 16th Jan 1959 in Ibadan, Nigeria, and brought up partly in Essex, England :nigeria: :uk:

34 Likes

@badger1963 I’m a big fan, too. You and Neil should have a listen to Destroyer’s Rubies, if you haven’t already. Great record!

1 Like

Recordings and performances of American composer George Walker remain frustratingly elusive, making this new album of his five Piano Sonatas especially welcome.

3 Likes

To start the day…

Van Morrison - 1970 Moondance

22 Likes

Top album, look forward to their next.

1 Like

Fantastic albums love all their stuff and it kind of makes up for the Robbie Williams album earlier. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Now playing-

7 Likes

Yes, thanks I’ve got that as well. Contains the magnificent track, European Oils.

Allegri String Quartet Beethoven + Britten / 1999 naim / Austria CD / naimcd027

Chilled Sunday starter for a late breakfast.

6 Likes