What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Just arrived today- 40th anniversary- an absolute belter of an album.
I am not a Rush fan by any means, but this album is an absolute classic of the genre.
The SQ is exceptional too.

18 Likes

Over The Rhine – Live From Nowhere — Volume Two
CD rip | 2007

Folk. Have not listened to this in a long while.

1 Like
15 Likes

Just saw this on hear and thought yes… great album must give it a listen. Streaming to headphones….

26 Likes

Top gun

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Saw the new movie last night, I haven’t listened to this album in a very long time, don’t know why it is brilliant soundtrack

Edward

9 Likes

The Milk Carton Kids - Prologue
CD rip | 2011

Folk. Giving a listen to albums I haven’t heard in a while.

2 Likes

Arcade Fire …“WE”…stunning record…played it back to back twice on first listen.

4 Likes

Page and the Black Crowes. Live. 2xCD. Mainly Zep songs. Excellent recording and playing. I think this shows how good the Crowes were.

61mgJQ1t-xL.AC_SX355

11 Likes

A fantastic album

Nits - URK

2 Likes

Yep, like most of the album it’s a cracker.

The Wailin’ Jennys - 40 Days
CD rip | 2004

More folk, trio this time.

7 Likes

As I begin to expand my vinyl by buying albums for $0.50 at Goodwill:

5 Likes

Dawes - Good Luck With Whatever. Chock full of catchy tunes that lodge in your brain.

4 Likes

50 cents…You lucky!!

It takes some effort, but I have been able to pull about 10 or 12 out of these thrift stores - not perfect, but well above acceptable. It hurts when you see a good one, and it is simply too scratched or manhandled to take a chance. Last week I was in a Goodwill, and the guy who worked there said they had some Pink Floyd the day before - I am sure that didn’t last more than a few hours at 50 cents!

Here’s the one I got yesterday for 50 cents - listening now:

4 Likes

Procol Harum | A Salty Dog | 1969
Why? Because it’s a very old favourite that’s been in my collection in various guises since it was first released.

21 Likes

Procol Harum | Broken Barricades | 1971
Moving on a few years the band was on the verge of breaking up with Robin Trower coming to the fore and about to fledge. One of my favourite’s from Procol but it has a very different emphasis and sound to their early output, rockier and less proggy?

12 Likes

On CD:-

Kacey Musgarves - Star Crossed

8 Likes

On CD:-

Jethro Tull - Too Old to Rock ‘N’ Roll: Too Young To Die!

11 Likes

A much underrated album IMHO.