What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I didn’t know what to make of BSS when it first came out. Still not sure! Great memories of watching them live, Hammond organ being mistreated in the process. :thinking:

1 Like

s-l500

3 Likes

Tracy Chapman - 1988 Tracy Chapman. Thank you @apye.

21 Likes

Agnes Obel - Aventine, on vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

12 Likes

Can’t beat a bit of Tracy Chapman! :grinning:

3 Likes

On CD:-

King Crimson - Discipline

10 Likes

Otis Taylor - Below The Fold.

61uOu+O-3JL.AC

Otis Taylor - Hey Joe Opus Red Meat.

Some late afternoon blues choons in sunny North Yorks. from Otis Taylor, spiritual successor to John Lee Hooker, when we’re talking trance blues.

Belters, both of these.

10 Likes

Genesis - Tresspass

Not played this for ages. Sounds fab!

Phil

22 Likes

Frank Zappa | apostrophe (’) | 1974
Something fine from Frank to open the proceedings.

12 Likes

Linda Ronstadt, Blue Bayou. Qobuz. Uniti Atom HE

14 Likes

Magnificent album @Anonymoot… and a magnificent band, I have all their albums, on vinyl and CD.

1 Like

Someone here had this on the other day so I just had to have it as my Friday night opener. It’s a nice early well cared for issue and sounds pretty good! From memory it cost £2.75, back in the day.

Mrs M is away for the weekend so this is on now (loud), it will be followed by a break to watch the European Challenge Cup Final. This will then be followed by more music, albums to be decided yet.

19 Likes

Mariusz Duda | Claustrophobic Universe | 2022
First run of this solo album by the ‘Riverside’ main man. Ten minutes in and lets just say that it’s… interesting.

2 Likes

Built To Spill,There Is No Enemy album from 2009.

2 Likes

Riverside | Shrine of New Generation Slaves | 2013
Parking Mariusz’s new one for the time being and getting on with one my favourite albums of his with Riverside. Progressive Metal done very well by these Polish lads.

4 Likes

Used to have this album ages ago and got lost at a party ( why did so many albums go that way …) now been re released on green splatter vinyl. Bow wow wow sounding much better now than on the amstrad of my youth, funnily enough !

7 Likes

I totally agree @Pete_the_painter

1 Like

6 Likes

Jeysus, that’s takes me back!

1 Like