What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Cyril Neville - Brand New Blues

3 Likes

Paco De Lucia & Ramon De Algeciras - Dos guitarras flamencas en America Latina (Phillip’s LP)

Two flamenco guitars in Latin America

Bought in a little record shop somewhere in Spain many moons ago.
“Is this good?” I asked “Si!” Was the reply so I bought it along with a couple of others.
Superb sound and pressing

:heart:

4 Likes

Billie Holiday - Lady Sings The Blues (Verve)

Compilation album released around '72 to coincide with the film of the same name in which Diana Ross played the role of Billie Holiday

10 Likes

Son Volt ‎– Electro Melodier
CD|2021

4 Likes

Irish band Pillow Queens - In Waiting. Great tunes

1 Like

Snooks Eaglin - That‘s All Right

7 Likes

Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue (BMG/Bethlehem)

Nina’s sublime debut album.

Posting this again as the last time I said it wasnt a great pressing. A second pass through the RCM and it’s now sounding fine.

Not sure if the blurry sleeve image was how it was on the original?

12 Likes

50th anniversary edition

18 Likes

Blind Mississippi Morris and Brad Webb - Country Days (2005)
Bought it from them in the Peabody Hotel, Memphis. (the ducks had gone to bed).
He is a cousin of Willie Dixon.

Nice album. No, a great album.

7 Likes

A1mjxJ2dYJL.AC_SL1500
10,000 Maniacs - Unplugged.

18 Likes

You certainly did mention LLS and I’ve recently managed to acquire the Alligator Bogaloo on cd via Discogs, at a price. My quest to avoid RVG remasters continues, even though he was the original engineer. I’ll certainly check out the LLS in this post, so thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Another one.
Hack Bartholomew - Holy Ghost Transfusion (1999)
Purchased from Hack who was playing trumpet on the street outside an open-air bar/cafe in New Orleans in 2005.

3 Likes

LP - Sony Music 2014 reissue. Audio Fidelity numbered edition 1527 : )

Stronger Than Pride is the third studio album by English band Sade, released by Epic Records in the United States on 5 April 1988 and in the United Kingdom on 3 May 1988. In September 2018, Pitchfork placed the album at number 37 on its list of “The 200 Best Albums of the 1980s”. The album spawned five singles.

18 Likes

Crosby Stills Nash & Young. 4 Way street.
Got this on vinyl but not played for a while.

16 Likes

71afa0TjXIL.SS500
George Benson - Breezin’.

18 Likes

Gosh……i should pay more attention to this guy

6 Likes

Nightwish, vehicle of spirit: Wembley Arena. :blush::notes:

Woke up extra early down under on a Monday morning and feel like putting this on! Epic.

4 Likes

Oh if only it was called Wimbley!

Puts a whole different slant on it… :laughing:

1 Like

LP - MOV reissue : )

Lovers Rock is the fifth studio album by Sade, released on 13 November 2000 by Epic Records. The album was titled after a style of reggae music known as lovers rock, noted for its romantic sound and content, which front-woman Sade Adu listened to in her youth. Lovers Rock was seen as a departure from the band’s previous use of jazz elements, opting instead for a wider use of musical elements from soul music, R&B, soft rock, folk music, dub, reggae, neo soul and lovers rock. The album’s production has been characterised as spare, with simple arrangements and reggae flourishes. A concept album, the lyrics focus on both the positive and the negative sides of love; the album’s lyrical content also touches upon political themes.

18 Likes

Rumer, live At Lafayette. Ahem, the other magwitch. Thanks @Alley_Cat. :wink:

7 Likes