What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Katie Melua - Acoustic Album No. 8

Katie Melua (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals) and Simon Goff (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with this beautiful album from Katie and she is sounding sublime! …feeling relaxed and mellow this morning and this album works so well to ease into the day, lie is sweet!

8 Likes

This twofer of two Ellington Berlin Jazz Fest appearances (1969 and 73) is superb in every way:

6 Likes

I’m not sure if they are still active, just the three albums to date with the last in 2019 which was about the time they relocated to London from Sweden. My feeling is that they are still going and that hopefully a new one will come. If I find out anything more I’ll let you know here.

1 Like

Roxy Music - Roxy Music - 1972

Not spinned this for a long old while …

18 Likes

Elvis Presley

From Elvis In Memphis

Edward

10 Likes

Ashley Monroe - The Blade

5 Likes

Now playing…

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul

Lady Blackbird (Vocals), Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews (Trumpet), Jonathan Flaugher (Double Bass), Deron Johnson (Piano), Jimmy Paxson (Drums) and Chris Seefried (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this Friday morning with this fabulous ‘Lady Blackbird’ and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

18 Likes

Thunder. Behind Closed Doors. 3rd album. One of my favourite Rock Bands, a lot of Free/Bad Co DNA in their music.

51VS7WwHUeL.SX355

4 Likes

After 13 miles on the GR 221 in Mallorca in the heat damned heat beered and showered listening to suitably Spanish Ojos de Brujo (flamenco/North African/hip hop mashup) Bari CD rip on Hi-res portable.

6 Likes

Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation | Mirage | 2016
Earlier talk of JO+TL prompted me to get this out @Deeg, I’ve dropped her a line (via bandcamp) asking if they have any plans for a new album.

4 Likes

On Vinyl, Original German Pressing in NM, legendary and a bargain for 10 Euros :ok_hand: What a fantastic record :+1:

12 Likes

Bit of Eurythmics on a warm evening 8)

14 Likes

Page and the Black Crowes Live. Blast of the great and quite heavy version of “Custard Pie”. I will select a few more tracks to play.

10 Likes

1st run

9 Likes

Now playing…

Tori Amos - Under The Pink

John Acevedo (Viola), Tori Amos (Piano, Vocals), Steve Caton (Guitar|), Paulinho Da Costa (Percussion), Michael Allen Harrison (Violin), Melissa Hasin (Cello), Ezra Killinger (Violin), Dane Little (Cello), Cynthia Morrow (Viola), Carlo Nuccio (Drums), George Porter, Jr. (Bass), Chris Reutinger (Violin), Trent Reznor (Vocals), Jimbo Ross (Viola), Nancy Roth (Violin), John Philip Shenale (Hammond Organ, Strings), Nancy Stein-Ross (Cello), Francine Walsh (Violin) and John Wittenberg (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Tori and her talented group of musicians working with her and they are sounding mighty fine!

19 Likes

Wooden Shjips | Back to Land | 2013
Sticking with psychedelic rock, the kind of stuff that would have inspired JÖ+LT, one of my favourite psyche bands and fine contemporary exponents who give it the 60s/70s Bay Area style.

6 Likes

Moon Duo | Live in Ravenna | 2014
Ripley Johnson (of Wooden Shjips) started up a side project with his other half Sanae Yamada to create more psychedelic rock with a different twist. This is a cracking live album recorded on a hot sultry night on the Adriatic, I would have loved to have been there, Sanae Yamada said: “Ravenna was memorable for a number of reasons, the most prominent being the really very intense heat, and the setting Hanabi has an outdoor stage on the beach, the Adriatic Sea only meters away,” the band’s Sanae Yamada said: “The show that night, and the recording of it, sort of encapsulates everything that was happening at the time the heat wave, the journey, and the shift in the energy and composition of the band.”

4 Likes

R.E.M. – Lifes Rich Pageant
CD rip | 1986

14 Likes

I bought this version (on Pink Floyd Records) of Wish You Were Here back in 2016, on the day it came out and it’s lain, unopened and unplayed, for six years! I’d better give it a listen!

23 Likes

New limited edition album with demos and unreleased material out 01/07/22.

5 Likes