What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Couldnt Get It Right, I used to have the single after seeing them on TOTP back when

:heart:

7 Likes

Samantha Fish - Faster
CD|2021

6 Likes

Some mellow Tom Waits this afternoon.

18 Likes

Thanks, just watch the clip, pretty certain that is a live performance.

1 Like

On vinyl, from the studio albums box set… :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

18 Likes

I think you will find those lyrics were written by Morphy Scratch Richards. No relation to Keith. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Chris Isaak. Compilation Vinyl 1991. Well recorded.

14 Likes

After a day of enforced decorating time to relax with some lovely lilting township jazz from the master of the genre with an ace band - mid 80s Abdullah Ibrahim Water from an Ancient Well on Black Hawk vinyl.

8 Likes

18 Likes

New CD release. Blimey, this is one of AVH’s most intense recordings. Diana Krall she ain’t!

7 Likes

Ooh…New to me. I’ll check her out!

2 Likes

Used to go out of my way to go and see them live whenever they were playing in an area I was in. Never disappointed me always a great show. I had a dub copy of the master tape of one of their albums before it was overdubbed at a later point and to me that was the version that should have been released but can’t find it no more. Shame as it was excellent

1 Like

Carrying on the vibe from last night’s gig and setting up for the next on the 29th.

Ese And The Vooduu People, who else?
Mercury In Retrograde
Live bliss.

12 Likes

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia, on vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

16 Likes

10cc The Original Soundtrack / 1997 Mercury / EU CD / 5329642

19 Likes

I remember an excellent feature that Hi Fi Answers used to do on an artist - reviewing their catalogue - Tim Buckley, Kevin Ayers, Zappa and Roy Harper spring to mind.

In those days in the 80’s a lot of good stuff was out of print or if you wanted it Virgin might have say Tim Buckley’s Blue Afternoon on import at £8 and at £8 that was a king’s ransom in those days.

The John Cale article included Helen of Troy and the reviewer John Bamford maybe saying he waited ages to hear this album and what a let down.

On board guitar ace Chris Spedding and Sandy Denny’s rhythm section along with Eno.

Actually it’s not bad…. Not sure about his pink shoes.

4 Likes

@TheKevster

Ordered The Miraculous on vinyl. Sounds good!

2 Likes

Her album ‘All Thoughts Fly’ is a good place to start

8 Likes

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia

Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Guitar, Strings), Jim Cox (Hammond Organ, Piano), Chad Cromwell (Drums,Percussion), Chris Difford (Vocals), Guy Fletcher (Keyboards, Vocals), Paul Franklin (Lap Steel Guitar, Pedal Steel), Mike Haynes (Flugelhorn), Aubrey Haynie (Violin), Jim Hoke (Autoharp, Harmonica), Jim Horn (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Wayne Jackson (Trumpet), Van Morrison (Vocals), Frank Ricotti (Marimba), Duawne Starling (Vocals), James Taylor (Vocals), Harvey Thompson (Tenor Saxophone), Glenn Tilbrook (Vocals), Gillian Welch (Vocals), Chris Willis (Vocals) and Glenn Worf (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Mark and some wonderful guests including, James Taylor and Van Morrison and they are sounding mighty sweet! A lovely way to ease into the day…

19 Likes

Thanks @crispyduck! I’ll get to that next…

Not sure why I’ve not heard of Anna before, given the Sunn 0))) connection.

Playing catch-up!

1 Like