What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Steely Dan. Live. CD.

Donald and the Boys and Girls are sounding mighty sweet. Oh no, it’s catching!!!

10 Likes

On Vinyl:
916LEAMtIKL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Madness - Can’t Touch Us Now

7 Likes

Now playing…

Carla Fuchs - Songbird

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… Carla singing songs from Sandy Denny and she is sounding mighty fine! …second spin and quite enjoyable, a lovely way to ease into the day.

4 Likes

New Wilco album due next month I think.

Following @twofifty with this great B52’s album from the good 'ole 70’s.

20 Likes

Loving on CD one of my favourite REM albums and lucky to see them on their only UK date at Hammersmith Odean in 1987 on that tour

15 Likes

Indeed Cousin on September 29th . Seeing them live on 8th so will probably hear a track or two.

.sjb

4 Likes

Ode to my hifi after a day at work.

G

8 Likes

Ahmad Jamal - Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival 1985

Not played much of AJ’s work past the 50s-60s period, but enjoying this a lot.

8 Likes

Kenny Dorham - Whistle Stop

I can’t have played this for at least seven years. Stupid really, because it’s a fine swinging bop album featuring a band comprising Blue Note top stars.

8 Likes

‘In the Heat of the Night’ – Imagination

Classy album from ’82, produced by Jolley/Swain - which probably explains the outstanding SQ.

Contains some great tracks, including ‘Just an Illusion’ (kept off the no.1 spot in the UK charts by the Goombay Dance Band - travesty!) and ‘Music and Lights’.

Sounding glorious with a glass of chianti as I recuperate from an afternoon of heavy-duty gardening,

7 Likes

Chilling with some space rock after a day spent clearing up the mess created by one of Mrs Deeg’s Prosecco bottle’s deciding to under go a spontaneous rapid disassembly in the wine rack. House now smells of pine disinfectant rather than sickly sweet alcohol.

8 Likes

Elvis Costello - Armed Forces - CD

23 Likes

Tim Renwick’s guitar solo on King in a Catholic Style is up there with my favourite bits of guitar playing.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Weyes Blood - And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow

Natalie Mering (Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Ben Babbitt (Vocals), Charlie Bisharat (Cello, Violin), Jacob Braun (Cello), Andrew Bulbrook (Violin, Wurlitzer), Michael Chadwick (Harpsichord, Synthesizer), Sean Cook (Cowbell), Blake Cooper (Tuba), Brian D’Addario (Guitar), Michael D’Addario (Drums), Zach Dellinger (Viola), Meg Duffy (Guitar), Drew Erickson (Organ), Daniel Fornero (Trumpet), Kenny Gilmore (Bass), Wynton Grant (Violin), Logan Hone (Clarinet, Flute, Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Mary Lattimore (Harp), Daniel Lopatin (Synthesizer), Andrew Martin (Piano, Trombone, Vocals), Natalie Mering (Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Jonathan Rado (Bass, Drum Machine, Electronics, Guitar, Synthesizer, Tubular Bells), Andres Renteria (Shaker), Sebastian Steinberg (Bass) and Joey Waronker (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Natalie and she and her talented group of musicians are sounding sublime!

14 Likes

I’m off to the End of the Road festival on Thursday and Wilco are headlining on Thursday night so very much looking forward to that

1 Like

Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac.

Genre-defining stuff from the master of blues guitar. RIP.

15 Likes

The Enid - In the Region of the Summer Stars - 1976

They just don’t make music like this anymore :grinning:

11 Likes

‘Synchronicity’ – The Police

As back catalogues go, it’s a hell of a way to sign off.

27 Likes

I recently found and bought an LP version of the original recording of this and was amazed how good it sounded.

1 Like