What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Started with the one now going to the other, great trio music…, mostly focussed around Mulgrew…

1 Like

Before Mulgrew Miller had a listen to this, interesting…, will need to listen more…

3 Likes

I remember going to see The Enid live at Birmingham Town Hall around the time of ‘Something Wicked This Way Comes’ - amazing band

1 Like

MUsic From The Motion Picture Girl 6, songs by and songs perfomed by Prince, plus a couple of other artists.

1 Like

R-2441974-1562936218-9896

9 Likes

Elvis Costello - The Delivery Man - Deluxe Edition - CD

This is an Elvis album that’s more a collection of songs rather than the finished article, well to me anyway, always preferred the Bonus Disc.

7 Likes

‘A Night at the Opera’ - Queen

24 Likes

Started my evening with this on vinyl

Kate Bush - Never For Ever

Got to say that I’m very happy I made the move to the 222/300/250 - it’s so musically effortless - everything it there all in the right places - lots of extra little details but not to forward that it upsets the natural flow. Plus the system is a little bit smaller and much simpler and neater!

22 Likes

Had not come across this Bowie live album, thx to Bill at Dynaudio…….enjoying this.

18 Likes

Al Jarreau Breakin’ Away / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28095

11 Likes

David Gilmour - On An Island.

21 Likes

Following Kate from a similar period - ok slightly later

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

9 Likes

I had never heard anything from Jason Isbell and his excellent backing band the 400 Unit prior to taking a bit of a punt and buying his latest release Weathervanes following its inclusion in Classic Rocks top 50 albums of the year so far feature, needless to say I’m quickly becoming a bit of a convert as I now also own this.

Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit - Reunions

10 Likes

Sting - Brand New Day - CD

16 Likes

The The - Mind Bomb

This is such a heavy album with Johnny Marr on top form.

Highlight is the duet with Sinead O’Connor - Kingdom of Rain. I seem to recall at the time that this was to be the single but she vetoed the release.

13 Likes

Some nice albums being played tonight - couldn’t resist my favourite from Mr Bowie ….

Low

Quite apt as not been feeling to great recently - had to take doctors advice and try some new (to me) meds - but this album does help as well
:+1:

23 Likes

The B-52’s, funplex. Following @two-fifty & @Anonymoot and putting some B-52’s on. :blush:

12 Likes

Terence Trent D’Arby - Terence Trent D’Arby’s Vibrator*

This album was slammed when it was released which was great as I picked it up cheap. Songs, voice and guitar playing are superb.

I see Peter Lorimer is playing percussion on the album nice he was gainfully employed after Leeds United.

5 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Down Two Then Left.

14 Likes

Next up is Peter Gabriel’s 3rd album - oops forgot it’s the 45rpm remaster….

PS to @Steve_S hope to be at House of Bruar lunchtime on Thursday - can’t wait to get back into the beautiful mountains of Scotland once more……

27 Likes