What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

4 Likes

Steely Dan, Aja. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express - CD

20 Likes

Another from my “formative” years

Genesis - Duke

22 Likes

That cover has always perplexed me. Are we to assume that Kate is giving birth to all that stuff? Or is it something less weird?

3 Likes

You were right!
:grinning:

Thanks to the forum, I now own this CD:

I forgot who brought it to my attention (Alan?) - but hearty thanks.

18 Likes

It’s rather good DrMark :+1:

1 Like

Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer

Those Dutch guys are crazy people - this is whimsical, goofy and brilliant.

If you could take equal parts Genesis and Supertramp and add the essence of Focus you’d have Kayak.

4 Likes

Have a good drive up and visit @SimonDC, the hills are looking exceptionally green this year having been well watered. Mind your wallet does not take too many hits at the House of Bruar, enjoy!

2 Likes

Hoping my wallet will be fine - my better half needs some flies for her fishing whilst we are up on the Novar Estate! :smile:

1 Like

‘Milk and Honey’ - John Lennon and Yoko Ono

Better than I remembered it.

7 Likes

Following a track being used as incidental music in a recent tv show, kicking off today with some Sharon Van Etten.

10 Likes

A bit of less well known Wishbone Ash this morning whilst waiting for the washing machine…

Blue Horizon, a really good album from 2014. Album number 22 from there deep and varied back catalog, with that signature twin guitar sound.

8 Likes

A recent discovery for me, thanks to posts on here. Don’t know how I missed them, but loving exploring the catalogue. This is just lovely.

13 Likes

Also enjoying being able to play CDs again.

12 Likes

Bob James Playin’ Hooky / 1997 Warner / US HDCD / 9467372

7 Likes

Hi Mark, yes it was me, so glad you enjoyed it, shame it didn’t garner more interest at the time, but it’s a worthwhile addition to the collection.

2 Likes

R-2594499-1399324879-5341
Emerson, Lake & Palmer -The Atlantic Years, superb best of, with excellent sound quality.

12 Likes

The Crusaders Images / 2009 Verve / US CD / B001269802

9 Likes