What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

A perfect album.

1 Like

On CD:-

Ryan Bingham - Watch Out For The Wolf

2 Likes

Gentle Giant - Three Friends - 1972

It’s prog and it’s concept so definitely worth a listen. Must have been difficult for bands like this at the time, what with all those leviathans of the genre knocking about?

9 Likes

Some Future Islands… preparing for tonight’s gig

8 Likes

Tony as an observation with your original Atlantic first pressings
Way to go mate …Never seen Fragile on first pressing before.I bet it sounds fabulous.
I have only got 1 Atalntic first pressing in my collection of Led Zeppelin 3.I have another copy but no way does it sound as good.The first pressing is like 180 g vinyl…Here it is.
You have some amazing vinyl from what you post here

6 Likes

…no words required :blush:

19 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl - Dub Me Crazy part 9

2 Likes

Aimee Mann - Lost In Space - CD

Enjoying an Aimee afternoon.

12 Likes

Thank you, TC. It’s just stuff that I grew up listening to. I don’t have that many records - about 1600 - but the ones I have a treasure a lot.
Nice first pressing, first issue you’ve got there with Peter Grant as executive producer! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

E.S.P. - Miles Davis
2014 Impex RTI Pressing

A little fixed by the first part of the fabulous Wayne Shorter Documentary on Amazon I am just spinning this perfect record. Fantastic soundstage where Miles and Wayne just agitate in an iconic way. „Agitation“ is the perfect tune therefore. Tony, Ron and Herbie just add their freshness to make it all together a work of art.

Vinyl is super flat and quiet. One of the best sounding records I own. As good as the ones from Analogue Productions :ok_hand:

10 Likes

@Tabbycat, here’s another one and yes, it sounds fantastic :blush:

12 Likes

Tony heres a nice story about the magic of vinyl and my copy of Led Zeppelin 3.
When I was about 10 in 1975 one of my sisters had a flat in London with her boyfriend and most Saturdays we would go to see them.
They had a stereo and I used to love playing their records always remember they had Solid Air by John Martyn …Meddle by Floyd …Trilogy by ELP…and Zeppelin 3…Playing the Immigrant Song for the first time blew my head off …never heard anything that heavy before.
Listening to their albums sowed the seeds for great bands and 4 years later her boyfriend (husband ) took me as a suprise Birthday present to see Zeppelin at Knebworth…the year before they took me to see Genesis there …my first gig.

So my copy of Zep 3 is special …I borrowed it and still haven’t returned it

You cant get that magic with streaming its just so sterile in comparison

13 Likes

That’s a great story, TC, and thank goodness they had good taste. It did put a smile on my face. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

My thanks to @HungryHalibut for posting this.
Superb. Adams’ Shaker Loops is a particular favourite and this is an excellent performance.

Nicely varied, er, ‘set list’ too (can’t think of the right word!)

1 Like

Graham Coxon - The Spinning Top - 2009

A gem of a (mostly) acoustic album by the Blur guitarist, some lovely playing.

4 Likes

I’m so pleased you like it. These recital albums can be a nice change from all one composer, especially when it’s as well chosen as this one.

1 Like

Now playing…

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Live at the Sydney Opera House

Could not find credits but found this mentioned on the NME Website

22nd August 2023 - Nick Cave, Warren Ellis and along with this duo they are joined by Radiohead’s Colin Greenwood and regular Bad Seed Larry Mullins, plus backing vocalists Wendi Rose, Janet Ramus and T Jae Cole.

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Nick Cave, Warren Ellis and friends and they are sounding sublime!

11 Likes

Agreed - the pieces are very well chosen indeed, and very well-recorded.
A fine release from Alpha Classics who seem, from the few I’ve heard, to be an excellent label.

Alpha are very good. Try this, it’s just great, and you can impress your friends by knowing how to pronounce Buxtehude.

3 Likes

Will do, HH…I like the little Buxtehude I’ve heard.

I always say Bucks-te-hoode…no idea if that’s even close.

1 Like