What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

@seakayaker posted this earlier on. Cave and Ellis never disappoint, either together or with the Bad Seeds or Grinderman. Great stuff!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Agree, and another great choice of record.

1 Like

Saw them at Leeds Town Hall, not sure of the year but one of the great live rock acts.

1 Like

Moving on to Mr Grumpy

Van Morrison - Versatile.

8 Likes

Ahead of their time I think, first sighting of Tommy. A great concept album. Mono version on Qobuz.

13 Likes

Great album as is this wonderful take on the album.

An essential listen.

Petrahadensellout

7 Likes

I fancied some rock……new Alice Cooper outing recorded pretty much live with his tour band in the studio. Sounding pretty good.

6 Likes

Saw them a few years back as support to Alter Bridge along with ‘Volbeat’ and ‘Into the Fire’.
Frightful noise!:rofl:
Definitively the worst gig we’ve ever been to in 40+ years of going to gigs.
It was the first time we ever left a gig early🤷🏻‍♂️

Natalie Merchant, paradise is there. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

Now it’s proper dark some night music. Can Live on (hideous orange) triple vinyl. Can’t decide which of their greatest hits I like best - is it Ein; Svei; Drei …

Saw them at the UEA early the year before this set. Mesmerising - from memory they played for 45 mins stopped intermission then another 45 mins stopped, no encore. Went with my then girlfriend who wanted to make out. When I desisted she said ‘you’d rather watch them?’ Er hello … ITS CAN! Didn’t take her to Beefheart and the Magic Band a couple of months later … and that was that.

9 Likes

Yes, it was short sadly. Richard’s voice was the best vocal Camel had for me.

OMD - Messages OMD’s Greatest Hits - CD

Can’t make my mind up which OMD to pick, so plonked for this

7 Likes

Birdy, portraits. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Andrea Motis, do outro do azul. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes - Hearts of Stone

Miami Steve Van Zandt appears on guitar and produces the album. Max Weinberg on drums and Bruce Springsteen contributes to the songwriting.

Imagine Graham Parker fronting the E Street Band.

IMG_7980

9 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

22 Likes

Regina Spektor, begin to hope. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Van’s last truly great album?

.sjb

15 Likes