What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I assumed this is the result of letting interns do the write ups and quality checks.

13 Likes

CHUI, Zagreb-Berlin, 2022 | Jazz-Fusion | ProStudioMasters | Flac 24-44

Chui are a quartet from Croatia who have developed their own rather unique take on jazz. Their potent blend of dance club rythms, jazz vocabulary, turbo-charged jazz/rock fusion and an uncompromising commitment to groove permeates their albums from start to finish.

4 Likes

Herbie Hancock Sunlight / 2014 Columbia / Japan CD / SICP3995

14 Likes

Morning all
Starting my day off with some classic ‘Yes’ and the 2007 remaster of ‘Going for the One’ via Qobuz on system 2 in the media room, which is sounding particularly fluid and musical this morning… :blush:

19 Likes

…more Classic British Prog :blush:

16 Likes

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 09.30.11
Wowzer , an amazing piece of playing on a too familiar piece of work

12 Likes

Ooo… I’ll have to give that one a try @Ian2001 :slightly_smiling_face:
Have you played the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra recording for DGG with Gil Shaham? It’s brilliant in my opinion…

4 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Open Our Eyes / 2012 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve / SICP20353

12 Likes

Four Seasons is such a wonderful piece of music I’m sure purists quiver though.

1 Like

Geoff you’re obviously a big fan of Earth Wind and Fire. I don’t listen to them much these days but your posts remind of how good they actually are.

3 Likes

No I haven’t , I’ve had several copies, but this sizzled . Bought on vinyl Mmm

The sheer physical intensity of the playing .

Eric Johnson

Ah Via Musicom

Edward

8 Likes

New album out in October, just been giving the title track a listen.

5 Likes

Ryan Adams- Return to Carnegie Hall

8 Likes

Otis Taylor - My World Is Gone

6 Likes

Rush - Snakes & Arrows - 2007
Yes - Big Generator - 1987

I’m going for a double-header of two albums I’ve never played by two bands I really like.

8 Likes

Snakes and Arrows, brilliant album.
I took my son to see Rush on that tour when he was 14. We had a wonderful day and evening as he came with me to pick up my new BMW before we drove up to Sheffield.
Happier times… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

…had to be next :blush:

5 Likes

Hi @Pete_the_painter

For me, the EW&F albums contain far superior material than all of their worldwide hit singles, well perhaps with the exceptions of Fantasy and In The Stone. There’s plenty of gems to be found on all of these releases, that will brighten up any dull day.

When listening to the jazzy vibe of New World Symphony on Gratitude, Runnin’ on All N’ All, Biyo from Spirit, and the title track of Faces you realise what great song writers and musicians they are. I did see them perform live on the Raise Tour - an amazing experience!

Another plus is that recording / sound quality is always first class and very useful for system testing!

12 Likes

Gave it a go. It’s a very clever piece of work but it’s not for me. I love A capella (Zap Mama say) but I’m no fan of the voice as instrument - can’t do with scat singing or Bobby McFerrin!

1 Like