What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Agree, it is good to have some of his shows recorded, mine are mostly late 80’s early 90’s but decent quality from a Sansui tuner and Nak deck.
Late night shows I seem to remember at the time? 11pm to 2am but essential listening.

1 Like

Wooden Shjips - Dos. Their best, IMO.

7 Likes

I used to listen to him, and Andy Kershaw, on night shift when I was a railway signalman in the 80s. Totally forbidden, but we all had illicit radios. Mine was a Walkman with radio, rigged up to two tiny speakers and powered by a spare battery for the Bardic signalling lamp. Box rockin’ beats. :grin:

5 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn
On CD

19 Likes

I did the same, although not for the same reasons.
Recently started listening to him and have been much impressed :blush:

1 Like

That’s a real ‘Smell the Glove’ cover

4 Likes

My early 1973 copy of Brain Salad Surgery showed up this morning. Playing now.
It plays very cleanly😊

9 Likes

Down in the lower reaches of Rigsby Manor where it is cooler than the oven that is the upper floors. Loving the DAC V1/ NAP 100 set up for nearfield listening. @Bob3’s previous post led me to this. 44/24 on Qobuz, and sounding fresh as it did 50 years ago

15 Likes

Steve Winwood - Steve Winwood - CD

14 Likes

A ‘Hits’ album.
Generally to be avoided, but once in a while…:man_shrugging:t2:

17 Likes

Can’t seem to settle on anything today.
Landed on Tzuke, Craven & Fordham’s 2018 collaboration ‘Woman to Woman’ for the moment…:man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Not played this for a while.

14 Likes

Playing on vinyl

13 Likes

This is his debut - a great record.

12 Likes

Some grown up Sade - Soldier of Love

14 Likes

Ry Cooder - Election Special - CD

Just seemed appropriate with current world events

10 Likes

Underrated, but some lovely songs - Beat the Reaper and Gemini Girl being the standouts IMO.

3 Likes

Which is an absolutely fantastic album. I have it on CD.

Skip Spence was a victim of drugs and mental illness. ‘Oar’ was the only solo album that he was able to put together.

It’s weird, but very wonderful…

1 Like

Jon Latham - Real Bad News

3 Likes

Smell The Glove (1982) followed Lovehunter I’m afraid, so Whitesnake got there first.
There is conjecture that Dave Coverdale and the boys were influenced by Nigel Tufnel’s majestic solo album Clam Caravan, released earlier in 1979.

1 Like