What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I thought that Nigel Tufnel was the name of a band member in the wonderful spoof rockumentary ‘This Is Spinal Tap’!

But that may have been another Nigel!

3 Likes

WOW!
Another ‘skip and a jump’ has carried me to another Hits album.
Ultravox this time…

7 Likes

the very same!

This is great stuff, John, thanks for the tip. “A little more Steve Earle, a little less heroin” indeed! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Big Vicious

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet, Effects, Synthesizer), Uzi Ramirez (Guitar), Yonatan Albalak (Bass Guitar), Aviv Cohen (Drums) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this morning with Avishai’s ‘Big Vicious’ album and he and the band are sounding sublime! One fine album…

9 Likes

Bought this out of sheer curiousity after a review. Don’t usually look in the ‘folk’ section.

Lisa O’Neill
all of this is chance
Rough Trade

Great voice.
Old Note is a beauty.

3 Likes

Modest Mouse – This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About

2LP released in 2014. Indie rock. First listen, enjoying so far.

2 Likes

Nothing to do with Philip Glass’ Ahknaten I guess. A favourite of mine.

I’ll give the Halsall a listen, thanks for posting.

1 Like

The first time I’ve had an empty house for most of the day to enjoy a whole variety of music. Brilliant.

G

8 Likes

JJ Cale - Shades - CD

14 Likes

He is excellent both of his albums are available as digital downloads on Bandcamp, both albums are selling at name your own price!!

1 Like

2020 clear vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

8 Likes

The wonderful Melody Gardot, rarely dissappoints…

2012 vinyl release… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

11 Likes

Don’t think I’ve heard that Andy. On my list. Thanks

1 Like

Now playing…

Vince Gill - High Lonesome Sound

Vince Gill (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Gut String Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Robert Bailey (Vocals), Robert Bailey, Jr. (Vocals), Barry Bales (Bass Guitar), Lisa Bevill (Vocals), Ron Block (Banjo), Bekka Bramlett (Vocals), Jerry Douglas (Dobro), Kim Fleming (Vocals), Jeff Geurnsey (Fiddle), John Hughey (Steel Guitar), Alison Krauss (Fiddle, Vocals), Patty Loveless (Vocals), Shelby Lynne (Vocals), Nicole C. Mullen (Vocals), Steve Nathan (Hammond B3, Piano, Synthesizer), Kim Richey (Vocals), Chris Rodriguez (Vocals), Chris Rodriguez (Vocals), Leland Sklar (Bass, Bass Guitar), Steuart Smith (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Adam Steffey (Mandolin), Billy Thomas (Vocals), Dan Tyminski (Acoustic Guitar), Carlos Vega (Drums), Billy Joe Walker, Jr. (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Pete Wasner (Hammond B3, Hammond Organ, Piano, Electric Piano, Synthesizer) and Jeff White (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Vince and this fabulous and all star talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Just put this on and immediately transported back to 1976 - at that time one of only a dozen albums I owned. I know it inside out as you did in those days.

Lovely guitar work from Tim Renwick and superb song songwriting from Al.

14 Likes

JJ Cale To Tulsa And Back - CD

14 Likes

This was the first JJ album I heard. On the Alexis Korner show. Bought it immediately and then went back and then forward with all JJs records. I miss intelligent radio programmes like Mr Korner’s.

4 Likes

Solo tenor and alto saxophone played by Mr Butcher in a century-old 34-metre by 20-metre concrete water tank in Copenhagen. A sr=tunning recording:

4 Likes

Fine playing

4 Likes