What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Introduced me to The Roches amongst others. Was a great show. Topped only by Andy Kershaw for me. Peel became less relevant for me over time. As you say, sadly missed.

3 Likes

Shades was my first when released, and like you, purchased his back catalog and every release afterwards, another sadly missed.

I too miss intelligent radio programmes, like Alexis, some great memories

2 Likes

Wooden Shjips | Volume 1 | 2008
Inspired by @Rigsby21 and in the mood for some psyche I’ve pulled this one out of the library, earlyish 'Shjips and one of my favourites.

6 Likes

A recent work by the mighty Ms Oliveros, on CD:

5 Likes

I used to tape all his shows and then edit them down. I must have about 50 in the …ahem …shed. Must dig them out one day and see what I can salvage.

2 Likes

Grand Funk Railroad. Grand Funk and Survival.
Back to back.
Heavy load tonight.

6 Likes

Wooden Shjips | Phonograph | 2011
A little more 'Shjips required and this is just a two track EP that’s a belter, hard hitting psysche from Mr. Ripley Johnson and the boys

6 Likes

April 1975 and I travelled into Folkestone on the bus to W. H. Smiths to buy (with my paper round money) Status Quo’s On The Level a much talked about album at school.

This was the time I could only afford one album so the decision was crucial. Paper round pay was 50p a week.

Browsing through the racks I spotted Jeff Beck’s Blow by Blow but was rather put off by the rudeness of a track called Constipated Duck.

Finally, I decided that Status Quo was just not for me and landed on this album. Being a Bowie fan it was an obvious choice. It is a wonderful album packed with great tracks and guitar playing. Pretty much wore it out and still a regular spin - nearly 50 years later!

IMG_8015

16 Likes

JJ Cale / Eric Clapton - The Road To Escondido - CD

13 Likes

Wooden Shjips | West | 2011
Possibly my last 'Shjips for the evening and it’s yet another great psyche album from them

7 Likes

Indeed :upside_down_face:

1 Like

4 Likes

2022 Craft recordings, on 45rpm vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

13 Likes

I have a couple of marvellous Kershaw Sessions CDs - Ted Hawkins & Robyn Hitchcock. Shame Andy lost the plot.

2 Likes

Hilary Hahn – Retrospective
vinyl|2018

2xLP set.

5 Likes

s-l500
T.D.F. - Retail Therapy.

1 Like

Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live

The opening track Freeway Jam is a monster - tempted to say Jeff on top form but he just got better as time went on.

15 Likes

I started picking up Ryan Adams CDs starting about 5 years ago. Very gifted imho. He knows how to write a tune. Some really good albums.

3 Likes

I Have the Ted Hawkins One.

1 Like

1988 Blue Note compilation, on vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

13 Likes