What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Great choice :+1:t2:

1 Like

It is a great album I love the first track. Cheers.

2 Likes

Al Green I Can’t Stop

10 Likes

Samantha Fish - Kill Or Be Kind - CD

5 Likes

He’s doing an 80th birthday concert at the Barbican on December 19th including ‘Jesus’ Blood’ so looking forward to seeing him at that Kev

1 Like

@AndyP thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake which I’ve now corrected. It seems you’ve deleted your post which wasn’t necessary on my part. Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 Like

I thought the post wasn’t called for as I enjoy seeing the albums you listen to.

1 Like

Jon’s two albums were released in 2015 and 2017, but he only put them on Bandcamp in July of this year. As he says he has been slow to progress the Bandcamp game.

A bit more information about Jon Latham is available from his record label (Jon Latham — Cafe Rooster Records)

1 Like

Beth Hart: My studio albums playlist on Shuffle

8 Likes

Donald Fagen Morph The Cat / 2006 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR12246

Dedicated play today for @Debs on the 2nd year anniversary of her missing cat Morpheus.

18 Likes

Reading last night I was looking for something in the background and flicking through my collection I fell upon this album.

I had to put the book down and listen. Suddenly realised no drummer. Just a perfect combination of:

Bass – Steve Swallow
Clarinet – Jimmy Giuffre
Piano – Paul Bley

I had to check what instrument Jimmy Giuffre was playing - this ain’t Acker Bilk.

Interestingly, this album and the one before Fusion were remastered, remixed and released on ECM - Manfred Eicher must have been a fan.

Jimmy Giuffre 3 - Thesis

7 Likes

Start of the day’s listening.

G

8 Likes

Monty Alexander Echoes Of Jilly’s / 1997 / Concord Jazz / US CD / CCD47692

Monty Alexander Piano
John Patitucci Bass
Troy Davis Drums

7 Likes

Happy hunting.

1 Like

A wonderful album.

1 Like

I’m joining a Cult.

G

6 Likes

Playing on CD - Enchanting and soothing

12 Likes

8 Likes

John Holloway, Jaap ter Linden, Lars Ulrik Mortensen
A London Concert / 2001 naim / Austria CD / naimcd037

5 Likes

Must admit I quite like the new Stones single, not up with their finest on this 1982 compilation. I really like some of the old covers, Little Red Rooster and Not Fade Away.

5 Likes