What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

First became aware of him on the opening of film Jazz on a summers day. Outstanding performance and also a great film.

1 Like

Fraid not. Also got a lot of shows on mini disc.
By coincidence I’m playing the other Elvis

Elvis Presley. Promised land.
Bought this on vinyl but not on cd so streaming now.
I do have the excellent 3 cd Elvis at Stax released in 2013 which includes tracks from this album.

7 Likes

Marin Gaye produced some great albums in the 70s. I Want You was imo one of them.

12 Likes

CD retrieval phase one complete. Mustn’t get distracted, need to have them shelved before Mrs R comes home

Whoops!

16 Likes

Quite a stash. Hope they’re in alpha order :wink:

1 Like

One more.

G

13 Likes

Yeah, right! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Tears for Fears, songs from the big chair. :smiling_face:

23 Likes

I listened to GFR’s ‘We’re An American Band’ a few days ago for the first time in ages, and it was not as noisy as I was expecting.

Naysayers at the time claimed that the group members couldn’t play their instruments, which was nonsense, but there’s not a lot of subtlety going on on the LP!

2 Likes

Chris Shiflett & The Dead Peasants - All Hat and No Cattle
A temporary and pleasant change of direction for this Foo.

5 Likes

Great compilation from Soul Jazz Records.

5 Likes

Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age of Wireless - 1982

His debut album, and I love the fact that he funded the project by playing synth for Foreigner :grinning:

13 Likes

Why? This boy knew how to rock…but boy, could he play guitar.

steve

7 Likes

The debut album from the london quartet Desperate Journalist as am contemplating a gig trip to see them…

1 Like

OK, one more to complete the classic album set.

G

7 Likes

Howlin’ Wolf - Moanin’ in the Moonlight - 1959

Damn near perfect if you are in the mood for some blues.

13 Likes

s-l500
Verve Jazz Masters 14 - Wes Montgomery.

11 Likes

The first Lemon Jelly album playing on yer actual CD player (just found it rooting around in the loft!). So, system three now installed on top floor using Diamond 9.1’s :+1:

10 Likes

A classic. Engineered by a guy who bought a pair of PMC TB2 from me, shipped them to the ‘States and has them atop his mixing desk to this day.

Apparently a lot of the mixing was done after initial listening on Lindsey Buckingham’s BMW car stereo!

G

23 Likes