What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

This is an album I’ve enjoyed for years. Gobsmacked at the level of detail a 252 digs out of it…

14 Likes

9 Likes

Helen Watson - a mislaid British artist

Blue Slipper (1987)

Somersault (1997)

Doffing (1999)

LifeSize (2002)

All worth a listen.

6 Likes

It’s certainly one of them!:sunglasses:

A couple more you’re missing.

3 Likes

We are very much enjoying exploring the back catalogue. Including her earliest work which is more folksy including banjo!

6 Likes

Gary Numan - I, Assassin - 1982

Yep, sticking with 80’s, although sorely tempted to keep delving into the Floyd labyrinth, mind you, the night is young.
Pino Palladino on fretless bass steps up after the Mick Karn genius on the last album. Nice job too.
Numaniassassin

6 Likes

Blue Slipper is a fantastic album, discovered it due to a previous recommendation on the 2022 thread :+1:

1 Like

Moved onto the fantastic Grace Jones. One of the best compilation albums imho.
Island Life

18 Likes

Lovely Japanese pressing (in a gatefold sleeve) of the most underrated PF album, recorded at Pye Studios in Marble Arch between late Jan and early Feb 1969.

Fun fact: this is the only Floyd album on which Dave sings ALL the vocals.

16 Likes

@TheKevster - what’s the title of this album? Not familiar!

1 Like

An artist with folk roots (Choctaw) but this is a much more modern, accessible production.

6 Likes

Veronica Swift, confessions. Thank you @AndyP for mentioning her. :+1:

5 Likes

It’s the soundtrack from the movie “More” from 1969.

2 Likes

Herb Alpert’s Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream and Other Delights (1965)

First heard it in a small “sophisticated” Black Country pub with a good sound system back in 1965.

10 Likes

Explains why I’ve never heard of it! Thank you

1 Like

Rachael & Vilray - I Love A Love Song!
CD|2023

Rachael Price is the lead vocalist from Lake Street Dive. The duo sing jazz, pop, and Tin Pan Alley songs from the '30s and '40s. First listen and a few songs in. Enjoying it so far.

6 Likes

And there I was thinking Dave sang all the songs on Division Bell … thanks Google!

2 Likes

@Endon - It’s the soundtrack to the film More, released in July 1969.

2 Likes

Humm - June .:grin:

2 Likes